News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Taxation

Started by Towntalk, August 21, 2008, 10:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Poverty: $0.00 to $16,000
Working Class: $16,000 to $35,000
Middle Class: $35,000 to $100,000 plus
Wealthy: $500,000 plus

Dennis Spisak

Towntalk

In real world dollars, define "wealthy".

In real world dollars, define "middle class".

In real world dollars, define "poverty".

EXAMPLE:

$0.00 to $25,000.00

irishbobcat

In a perfect world, I believe the standard income tax rate should be between 20% and 40%.

I believe poor and middle class people who spend all or much of their income on food, shelter, clothing, transportation, medical care and other necessities, should not pay taxes on that portion of their income or wealth that meet's life's neccessities. That's what is called progressive taxation.

Dennis Spisak-Green Party write-in candidate for Congress=6th district

ytowner

Taxation.
It will be higher under Obama.

Towntalk

Every time we turn around, or take a breath, politicians are trying to find new ways to dig into our pockets. They yell about big oil, corporate farms, and all the other perceived enemies of the "little people", yet the fact remains that the "little people" shell out taxes mandated by the politicians.
Taxes on fuel, taxes on utilities, school taxes, sales tax to name a few, but when you ask them the very simple question ... AT WHAT POINT WILL YOU SAY 'NO MORE"  50%, 75%. 95? 100% they refuse to answer. They will not ever be happy until they've taxed us 100% of all our income, and then find even newer ways to force us to be total slaves to the state without a single penny to our name.

Dennis: I put this question to you, without hedging or dealing in generalities, how do you answer this question. AT WHAT POINT WILL YOU SAY 'NO MORE". Once this point is reached, I will oppose taxes going one cent higher.