News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Mayor Sammarone To Run For President Of Council

Started by jay, January 08, 2013, 08:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

If, and this is a big if, Sammarone wants to spend more time with his grandchildren, then why doesn't he just toss in the towel and retire from politics perminately? He should have a pritty good pension coming in.

irishbobcat

"To correctly manage government takes a lot of time, and at my age, I want to spend time with my family, especially my grandkids," said Sammarone, who will be 70 on Feb. 5, in an exclusive interview Monday with The Vindicator. "As council president, you can manage your time better than as mayor."

So, he wants to continue to receive a full-time check for basically part-time work....

And the voters will probably agree......sigh

iwasthere

he was the one who strongly suggested that the mayor's term to be four yrs unlimited. the vindy article said, "he would run if the the mayor's term was two yrs not four yrs".

jay

Mayor Sammarone is now going to run for President of Council in 2013.

The Charter Review Commission found many problems with how city council meetings are conducted.  These same problems were the norm when Sammarone served as President of Council for many years.  He didn't correct the problems in the past and I don't believe he will change council procedures while serving another term.