News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Mahoning County Landbank Negated"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, February 05, 2011, 08:51:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

TT,
Yes, I cannot believe years have been wasted on this bureaucracy.  Even Kidd is getting older now, what a waste of peoples prime of their lives.  Truth is, the bureaucrats are just making their pork salaries.

Towntalk

Could it possably be that the so called land bank crowd are the same folks that support frack free Youngstown along with their great and mighty champion Phil Kidd the great and wonderous saviour of our city?

Youngstownshrimp

Another year has gone by and the dream of a working landbank is down the toilet again.
I told everyone so!  Phil Kidd, has an article in his Youngstown Nation wherein he is scratching his head wondering why the landbank is a dud again.  Sorry Phil, but your article does not get it either.  It is not that the prosecutor and Flora have a drama.  The prosecutor knows that "due process" is still required and many actors do not "get it."  So, a question of sheriff sale or landbank depends on value vs. debt, not what the hipsters want.
BTW, I have been in meetings with the prosecutor, everytime one of our properties is attacked by the landbank, the owner just pays the taxes with oil money now, so no need of a landbank anymore, all the land is valuable now.

Youngstownshrimp

It has been a year now and my prediction and study are once again coming to pass.

Where is my beautiful Landbank, where is my beautiful cat?

The Landbank hasn't done a thing and I notice Phil Kidd is even scolding the unholy alliance between Lien Forward, The county and all the actors.

All the bonehead advocates missed the essence of operating a landbank, funding............it ain't gonna happen with no money and all the pork needed by Lien Forward to feed their BIG diet.  Only with the private sector initiating the investment can the Landbank begin.  But for now, it is DOA.  And as can be seen by the court cases , the private sector is gobbling up all the abandoned land it can get its hands on, and not even considering a landbank.

irishbobcat

Doesn't matter......Shrimp is a bum....he doesn't pay property taxes now.....what makes you think he'll pay them in the future?

stewie

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on February 13, 2011, 11:46:48 AM
Rick, this is why under all the laws in our great land, property taxes are "in Rem" and are not "in Persona" , meaning the tax debt is not a liability of the title holder personally, it is an encumbrance of the property itself.  The very intelligent logic here from way back is that for taxes to be generated, the property must be productive in the community.  As can be seen in Youngstown, we have failed to make our property productive with the results of abandonment and disrespect of houses and land.

Sooooo with all of these productive shrimpin ponds you have am I to understand that by your logic the taxes on these properties will be going up?

irishbobcat

I am glad you take joy in the rape of the land and poisoning of the water, Ron....

Youngstownshrimp

"I Love the smell of fraking in the morning"

irishbobcat

Shrimp, I do not collect unemployment and do not suck of the hind tit of government....

By being a slimy, greedy Land-man for the gas fracking companies and providing false information to all the land owners you will swindle by leasing their lands for gas, will you fiinally be able to pay your back taxes on your deadbeat properties, Ron?

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, this is why under all the laws in our great land, property taxes are "in Rem" and are not "in Persona" , meaning the tax debt is not a liability of the title holder personally, it is an encumbrance of the property itself.  The very intelligent logic here from way back is that for taxes to be generated, the property must be productive in the community.  As can be seen in Youngstown, we have failed to make our property productive with the results of abandonment and disrespect of houses and land.

Pastor Nevels, in a phone conversation made a statement to me Friday, that has stuck, he said: "with the discovery of oil, we are blessed but we do not deserve the blessing."   Yes, our property now is a commodity with the standing offer of $2000 per acre through no effort of our own, "we are not worthy."  I can say this, you Rick have made the Hubbard land of value and I have produced shrimp.  Dennis, however is sucking off the hind tit of the government, shame on him.

Westsider, now we are getting some debate with substance, A SIGNIFICANT AMOUNT OF THE DELINQUENT LOTS IN YOUNGSTOWN HAVE NO ROADS THEY ARE PAPER STREETS.   I'll give you an example, in Sweirz's area, south of Prax air and next to the City park, hundreds of platted lots with no roads.  The eastside, Atkinson, Wardle, etc.   The westside around Donald and Stambaugh park.  I can go on and on, thousands of lots fronting on "Paper" streets that were never put in.  Here's a brainer for anyone, the taxes on these lots are exponentially greater than raw acreage- agriculture- assessment in the rural areas.  So now you can see why a free market will never pay taxes on paper lots in Youngstown.  Of course, now we have oil under them so they will pay taxes but not at the current assessment.

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 13, 2011, 10:56:24 AM
Property taxes are in principle a fee paid for services rendered to that property by government.  Vacant land requires no services so vacant land should not be subject to property taxes, IMO.  It merely exists, waiting to find a productive use.

You're forgetting roads.  There may be other services that even vacant properties receive, (i.e. storm drainage, street lights, etc.) but almost all properties have road access.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Property taxes are in principle a fee paid for services rendered to that property by government.  Vacant land requires no services so vacant land should not be subject to property taxes, IMO.  It merely exists, waiting to find a productive use.

Youngstownshrimp

Poor Dennis and his mental state, he is merely a "Flea" in the realm of things .........Did you find a job yet?   

irishbobcat

Wow...somebody is going to pay their taxes, now, if a certain Shrimpy LAND-MAN will only pay his taxes.....

Oh, In your letter to the Sebring residents did you inform them on how they are going to pollute the land

and water with the drilling??

Youngstownshrimp

Wow!  Yesterday my company received a response from our letters to fellow landowners in our Sebring Oil Unit.  This lady inherited 20 acres in Sebring from her mother and the taxes were never paid because of hardship and of course the land was not in demand.  We explained to this family who lives now in Colorado that TODAY, the land is now in demand because of the discovery of oil.  They rejoiced and proclaimed that the first revenue from the Oil signing bonus will go to paying the taxes.  And furthermore they promised to use any royalties to farm the land, See?  Free enterprise at work here....we do not need more LANDBANK bureaucracy here to guarantee Lien Forward high paying jobs.  This is why we have a county treasurer duh?  The market will always present a demand on property or not, you can't wish it.