News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Input on 'NEW' Valley Radio Network

Started by ytowner, July 08, 2008, 10:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

ytowner

Quote from: jay on July 08, 2008, 10:35:36 PM
Do you have a link to an existing show so we could check to see how the system works?
All I know is the conservative blog MVRed.com had a radio show the other day and has one this Thursday Night at 11pm... Here's the low down:

1. Host plans shows ahead of time.
2. 5 minutes before show, the host dials their number to host the show. They also open the chat from their online switchboard.
3. Then listeners go to the BTR page of the show and enter the chat and they can call in with 'another' number that BTR provides.
4. You can have as many as 5 callers at one time.

The show will last as long as you plan for it to be, that being 15 min-30min-up to 120 min. When it is over, the show will stop streaming and archive the show in mp3 format to be podcasted all over the web.

The best part is they have an advertising plan that allows you to make money on shows by way of putting ad's on your show....

READ MORE HERE: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/whatis.aspx

Towntalk

This sounds like something that could really help promote the valley in a positive way.

jay

Do you have a link to an existing show so we could check to see how the system works?

ytowner

I have found a way and know a person that we could work with to develop the first ever online radio network for the Mahoning Valley. The shows would be broadcasted by way of BlogTalkRadio.com but would be 'locally themed.'

This would be a great way for those interesting in expressing themselves to do so. BTR.com is a free service and allows you to host a show by way of you own phone. It provides you a full webpage, full chatroom, phone number, and automatically archives the shows.

I was thinking of a name like the ValleyTalk Radio Network or along those lines. It wouldn't be 24/7, just whenever we'd have a show.

For instance perhaps a weekly show on the news in Youngstown. And another show on sports in Youngstown. And a show on the arts. And a show for jay to spread his daily tidbits on the things around the area.

If interested post about it here, I could provide the website and make this a reality... O yah, it would cost you guys $0 dollars.. Can't beat that.

Get back to me folks!