News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Refreshed & Back

Started by Jaime Hughes, July 04, 2008, 01:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Jaime,

I would LOVE to get scans of the historical photos - especially the Idora Park stuff.
My new web server is now being hosted locally, IN Youngstown - and as soon as my friend
finishes configuring the network for the server I will have my own self-owned web site
and one TERABYTE of web space.

These photos would be a great addition to the new website, once it has been moved
to the new server.

:)

yfdgricker

Welcome back Jamie! Sounds like you have been busy!

Jaime Hughes

Hello Everyone! I just wanted to pop in and say hello and Happy 4th of July to everyone!I feel refreshed and ready to start something new. I found a few interesting things out that I am more than tickled to share with you all! (Pictures Later...).

I found out that I am related to the Powers of Youngstown and I recently visited the last remaining Powers in Youngstown, Ohio. She showed me amazing things and gave me even more amazing things!

She has a sword from the Todd Brigade during the Civil War, a phone book from the 1940s in Youngstown (a thick one at that!), she has an original 1800 Mahoning County Atlas book, many pictures from the Original Idora Park (ones that I have never seen before!). She has the whistles from Youngstown Sheet and Tube and she even made her counters out of the marble that used to be in their offices. She has a lot of things and knows even more things that I have never heard even in my research. With all of the information she has I would love to start a museum!

I think I am just going to stick to something I love and am good at: Youngstown History  :D

I hope that everyone is doing wonderful!I'm glad to be back!  ;D