News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Black Monday Again ..... GM To Close Lordstown Plant

Started by jay, November 26, 2018, 07:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

Quote from: jay on November 27, 2018, 04:30:00 AM
How many Youngstown city residents work at the GM Lordstown plant?

The Mayor Brown administration may be hit with another substantial cut in tax revenue.

Based on the amount of money GM pays it's employees (the ones that have been there long enough to not be laid off the last two times) and the 2.75% income tax that chased most of them away years ago, I'd be surprised if the city loses more than $5000 a year.

jay

How many Youngstown city residents work at the GM Lordstown plant?

The Mayor Brown administration may be hit with another substantial cut in tax revenue.

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on November 26, 2018, 09:19:43 PM
This is the end of the Cruze.  I heard from one of the workers that the actual closing hasn't been announced. Either we'll get lucky enough to start building a different car there or the closing will be announced. Only time will tell. :'(
don't hold your breath on your statement because Lordstown is looking at the bottom line and their stockholders dividends. they will send these car lines production to the second third world countries for slave labor to increase their profit margins.

Why?Town

This is the end of the Cruze.  I heard from one of the workers that the actual closing hasn't been announced. Either we'll get lucky enough to start building a different car there or the closing will be announced. Only time will tell. :'(

jay

More bad news for the Mahoning Valley.  The GM Lordstown plant will close by the end of 2019.