News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Natural Gas Bills

Started by jay, February 27, 2007, 04:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I would highly recommend a programmable thermostat for anyone who can afford one.  I bought the second cheapest from Lowe's.  I would have bought the cheapest, but I wanted separate programming options for weekdays and weekends.

My schedule:
Monday-Friday: From 6-7, it's set to 70.  From 7-5, it's set to 60.  From 5-9, it goes back to 70.  From 9pm-6am it goes back to 60.
Saturday-Sunday: From 9-12, it's set to 70.  From 12-5, it's set to 65.  From 5-10, it's set to 68. (I just had an extra slot to fill)  And, from 10pm-9am it drops back to 60.

I wouldn't recommend going very far below 60, because you increase the possibility of having your pipes freeze.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Mary

My gas bill for January was 182.00 with a 2 year old furnace and we try to keep it set at 67 -68 during the day and 65-66 when we are in bed. Have not gotten Feb's bill yet.

AllanY2525

I own a property on the North Side that was a large, single-family
home back in the day and is presently three apartments.  There
is a nearly-new, HIGH-EFFICIENCY furnace in the building that
heats all three apartments and the gas bill for January was
just shy of SIX HUNDRED dollars (actual bill, but the building is
on the "budget plan" of $300.00/month).

This is with the thermostat for the building set to 70 degrees.

northside lurker

:o :o :o And I thought my $200 bill was high!  One of my friends has had a $400 gas bill this year, though. :'(
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Shar

I've had two of them over $400.  January bill was $510 and February bill was $800.

jay

I've been listening to the Ron Verb show today.  People are calling in to talk about the very high natural gas bills they have received recently.  Has anyone had a bill over $400 for the month?