News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

FINALLY?????

Started by Irishbobcat, March 23, 2014, 08:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

No comparison whatsoever! 

Irishbobcat

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on March 23, 2014, 01:17:16 PM
One other issue to think about i that these quakes are of a temporary nature, and will cease once the hydrofracturing is completed. If we had an informed populace who could rationally weight the long term good of natural gas production vs. the temporary inconvenience of a few small earthquakes, then we wouldn't have much problem.
Temporary incovenience? That's like Noah telling the people not on the ark "it's only a little rain".

Rick Rowlands

One other issue to think about i that these quakes are of a temporary nature, and will cease once the hydrofracturing is completed. If we had an informed populace who could rationally weight the long term good of natural gas production vs. the temporary inconvenience of a few small earthquakes, then we wouldn't have much problem.

Youngstownshrimp

I was at the Sulmona wine tasting fundraiser last night.  One of my wife's relatives was telling many of us that he grew up on Struthers road next to the landfill and they always were "shaking" for decades as the Landfill uses dynamite to blast the limestone lose.
I'm against earthquakes and was very vocal to stop the injection wells, but I am like most and impressed with our new found energy independence.  Nuclear is more dangerous and yet we have lived surrounded by it and keep it safe.

Rick Rowlands

I really don't see what all the excitement is about.  These were very low magnitude quakes that caused no damage.  Passing freight trains shake our house as much as a 3.0 earthquake does.  Visitors from California wouldn't even put down their cup of espresso during one.

Irishbobcat

What, some front page coverage saying fracking is likely the cause of the Poland earthquakes?????
Has the advertising dollars from big money oil and gas stopped at the Vindy?
http://www.vindy.com/news/2014/mar/23/question-remains/