News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Poland's Earthquake"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, March 12, 2014, 06:25:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dogsled

Bobcat,
               Evidently I read what you wrote and took it the wrong way.  If I did, sorry.  Sometimes I do that.  I'm lucky my first post got erased, you'd never have known what I was talking about.  Sometimes I drift off into 6 or 7 topics....Lucky I didn't do one of those..... ;D

Irishbobcat

Dog, what on earth are you talking about?

Dogsled

How about old fools teaching uneducated young people?  AND the youngsters are paying money for this misguidance........

My original post that got erased during spell check stated that it was in the 50's til today, 80% of the kids in school ARE mean't to be tradespeople.  If everyone went to college, we'd have a world of people who don't/won't actually do work with their hands.   
Kids are dropping out of 9th and 10th grade today because they can't see the end, they won't go to college and society tells them if they don't go to college they're failures.  If a kid in 10th grade knew he only needed to go 2 more years he would finish high school and graduate. 

I remember when a high school diploma mean't you were ready to go out into the world as an adult, work and get paid well for it.  College/optional.  We feed them pipe dreams, but we all aren't LeBron James or able to sing.  Somebody has to build the arenas the few perform in.....TRADESMEN!...IT'S CALLED THE AMERICAN WORKFORCE! 
We have set the bar above what most kids WANT....the school system isn't the failure, society is, by setting the bar above what 80% of young people want as far as school goes.  Why? so you can pay some clown 300 G's a year to do nothing as president of YSU......you know he's a clown when another clown like Tressel can fill his shoes cause he knows how to raise money and has what skills other than a football coach, this qualifies him?
I can never demean a kid today for all of the things I allowed to happen to this country and leave them with nothing.  I take the blame for the direction society has taken and am ashamed...I was a welder who lived behind a helmet thinking fools with college educations were steering the ship........little did I know they were sinking it.......and now trying to blame the kids treading water without a lifejacket.  Shame on you for calling ANY kid uneducated.........

Irishbobcat

Only thing worse than old fools are uneducated young people...

Dogsled

I wrote a long reply to your post shrimp, hit spell check and everything was erased........from now on, you'll take the spelling as it rolls off my FingerLips.......:-)

Kudos to your review though.......AND i don't worry, because this world belongs to the young people now and they'll trample the old fools everyday....

Youngstownshrimp

Since I work out of Poland Village, I decided to take a day trip and ride out to see what Hilcorp and it's developments were up to.  I saw the fracking booms idle at the Landfill, I then went up to Baird road to see any progress of Hilcorps newest pad, not even on the ODNR map yet, saw grass rolled out and everything tidied up waiting for a drilling rig.  Headed to 551 trying to catch the 24" trunk line from the New Middletown $300 million cryogenics plant snaking to Mercer county.  The pipeline wastn't up there yet, but I noticed a lot of activity at the Antwar well off of Maple, they seemed like they were fracking the well, if not, definitely preparing it for hookup.  I turned around and headed back on 551 towards Edinburg, as I got onto 224, BOOM!  there it was activity everywhere, pipelayers, welders, equiptment operators making production.  We all have read where the local pipefitters union, can't keep up with the demand and this is just the beginning.
Sled! don't worry, this is just the beginning and the word on the street is, the landfill maybe the problem wherein, for 100 years, mountains of limestone were mined from that land and reduction in ground weight may have something to do with it, first one in the country I understand, we will correct it, we must have energy.

Dogsled

I love this post.....WAIT, until all the facts are in before pointing a finger trying to save the earth from ?????
If i'm not mistaken the area in Briar Hill was subject to alot of old mine shafts and set new standards for locations of injection drilling by the ODNR.  But whatever and whoever is involved in all of this the high profile keeps the Fracking process under control from start to finish.  Nothing is perfect at first.  I think there are enough INTELLIGENT EYES  watching the ODNR,that this unfounded group of save the earth people want to jump up and start protesting only because local TV gives them air time. 
I've read things about ALL of the drilling areas across the country and it seems the injection of the waste materials has been the issue...       The pollution of the Mahoning River was the consequence of thousands of jobs and the areas that benefitted.  How many college professors had students whos family could afford to sent their children to YSU on the back of polluting the river?  Now that the benifactors of the mills has given great retirements to them, the 'educated' people are suddenly concerned and more knowledgable.
That's how pathetic the news is today.......we rely on people that want good paying jobs and their familys to shut the mouths of a few 'save the earth' fools with degrees to guide our future'  So to answer the original question WE WANT TO DRILL......I WANT MY KIDS TO MAKE MORE THAN MINIMUM WAGE.....THE NEWS HAS PROVED HOW FOOLISH THEIR INVESTIGATIVE REPORTING IS.....
So maybe the masses have proven their point so to get back to the original post.....prolly why all is quite after the earthquake.

Youngstownshrimp

Honestly, I am surprised that there isn't that much condemnation about the recent tremors in Poland.  Yes, Dennis, was laughing but I have a feeling that many here deep down don't want to lose our areas recent discovery of mineral wealth.  It can do so much for the valley.  Like dangerous Nuclear power though, man's thirst for energy will not cease, what went wrong in Poland?
Since our company keeps an eye on this industry, this is what I know.  There are hundreds of producing wells in Columbiana, Carrol and eastern Ohio with not a single tremor measured.  Yes, there are tremors all over shale areas where disposal wells are located, but majority of the disposal well areas have had no tremors for over 30 years.  So it must be geology and this I am not an expert in.
On the surface though, Poland's site is one of the largest landfills in the country.  I can remember since I first settled in Ohio, I hunted the landfill from my friends adjacent farm, the magnitude of the limestone mining was enormous.  Do we stop this new technology that is making America energy independent?  Or do we do what Americans do best and figure out the problem, I know Hilcorp will succeed, they are a good company.