News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Prohibition Party - Friday, May 18

Started by jay, May 03, 2012, 05:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

Towntalk

Thanks for both the info and invite, but am extremely busy putting together a series of programs on the history of WW2. As it is I'm up to my earhole processing a couple of thousand WW2 news files that keeps me up until 2 or 3 in the morning editing and cleaning up files. Many of them are scratchy due to the age of the transcriptions they came from, and then there is the problem of translating German broadcasts which a friend is doing for me. She has a program that can translate, but there's still a matter of turning out hard copy scripts with it.

iwasthere

towntalk it is a theme party to raise funds for pp to use for educational purposes to defunk the lies that some backwater republicans told to the susan g. koman foundation boardmembers that funds were used to promote abortions which is a straight out lie. the monies are used for breast cancer awareness and assistance to any woman or man that is combating cancer. i am going to the fr myself, i need a dance partner to do the charleston dance. are you game?

Rick Rowlands

No, towntalk, the party is about Planned Parenthood.  They claim that Romney wants to shut down PP and the party is I guess a way to rally the troops to vote for Obama.  I don't know why PP couldn't fund their work with other than tax money if they lose federal funding. 

Towntalk

Is this some sick joke on the Lemon Grove's part?

Web Site

http://www.prohibitionparty.org/index.html

From the 2012 Party Platform

Illegal Drugs – Tobacco – Alcohol
The alcohol issue sets this unique Party apart from all others. This Party has opposed the manufacture, distribution, and sale of alcoholic beverages since 1869. Alcohol is America's #1 narcotic drug problem. The use of alcohol and tobacco is responsible for 40% of the total cost of health care in America. We believe a program of education and legislation, coupled with sober leadership, will result in a change in society's attitude regarding the alcohol issue. Tobacco is known as the "gateway drug," meaning that early use of tobacco leads a person into the use of stronger drugs. We support programs to help tobacco farmers transition to growing alternative crops. Until alcohol and tobacco are again covered under a stronger Volstead Act, we support higher taxes on both. We oppose legalizing any and all mind-altering, behavior-modifying drugs, unless controlled by the federal Food and Drug Administration, and then for medicinal purposes, only. We demand that the President and Congress deal severely with all foreign government having a part in illegal drugs entering the United States of
America.

jay

Prohibition Party

Friday, May 18, 7:00

Featuring speaker
Shelia Calko

Dance Lessons, Hors d'oeuvres,
Silent Auction, and Champagne!

Admission: $20
Seniors: $15
Students: $10
Pay at the door