News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

don'task and don't tell

Started by iwasthere, December 25, 2010, 03:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on January 18, 2011, 12:47:51 PM
How did I get involved in this thread?
sorry it is my fault it was a reply to whytown. i miss read the name. mea clupa ;D ::) :-X

Towntalk

How did I get involved in this thread?

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on January 16, 2011, 06:28:33 PM
Who would you rather have defend you in combat?

1) Arnold Schwarzenegger
2) Elton John
3) Ellen DeGeneres
towntalk neither of them. they never served their country unless they were in front of an audience while making millions of dollars off of their patrons. as for Arnie, he would crack under pressure from bootcamp in the first twenty-four hours. he, Sylvester stallone and john Wayne they talk a big game being a big bad soldier that is when the movie cameras are rolling on a make believe set under the big lights then a makeup artist, stand in and others do their dirty work for them that makes them one big bad ONE. towntalk their are true hollywood celebs that served their country in hand to hand combat do not rely on ones that make a living by playing soldiers without being there to witness wars's carnage that is bestowed on the humanity.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 16, 2011, 06:29:54 PM
If you think you are going to get off easy when calling me a bigot, you're wrong. I want you to substantiate what it is that I wrote that allows you to call me a bigot? In my book, the military has but one purpose, and it sure as hell isn't to smooth over someones feelings, or social experimentation. Now just because I hold that view you call me a bigot? There are most certainly gays and women who share my view.  The military should not have to diminish its effectiveness just so people like you are not offended.
i would like to hear from other members of the glbt community members believe in your bigot theories. i can arrange for you to speak to the glbt community in an open forum about your views that are in your book until then a still consider you a bigot. 

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on January 17, 2011, 01:42:49 PM
I almost laugh when I see civilians argue about the Military.

I knew this was coming when they started DADT. It was nothing but a stepping stone.

I was against DADT and I'm now against repealing it. I'm sorry but there is simply no real place for homosexual soldiers.

Who do you bunk them with? We do not bunk women and men together because of possible sexual problems, so we cannot bunk homosexuals with people whom they might be sexually attractive to. It simply doesn't work. I hope and pray that the military finds a way, but expect major problems. And truth is I don't even expect the MSM to cover most of those problems. I believe they will be kept under wraps as much as possible.

Not to mention the timing... What are these idiots thinking?
sarge i laugh at so-called soldiers like you who made a military living by doing stateside military service during their military career. the only scrape that you ever received was tripping over your own two feet while talking, walking and chewing gum at the same time. i never heard from you that you were in hand to hand combat with our nation's enemies. you have a gay stepson a wonder what other places of positions that you would deny him a career living. who would bunk with them. did ever feel physically threaten that your gay son slept in your house while he was growing up? did he ever molest you or any of the your family members while living with you?

sfc_oliver

I almost laugh when I see civilians argue about the Military.

I knew this was coming when they started DADT. It was nothing but a stepping stone.

I was against DADT and I'm now against repealing it. I'm sorry but there is simply no real place for homosexual soldiers.

Who do you bunk them with? We do not bunk women and men together because of possible sexual problems, so we cannot bunk homosexuals with people whom they might be sexually attractive to. It simply doesn't work. I hope and pray that the military finds a way, but expect major problems. And truth is I don't even expect the MSM to cover most of those problems. I believe they will be kept under wraps as much as possible.

Not to mention the timing... What are these idiots thinking?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

stewie

Thank you Dan! Couldn't have said it better myself. There is no room for tolerance, and political correctness in combat. 

Dan Moadus

If you think you are going to get off easy when calling me a bigot, you're wrong. I want you to substantiate what it is that I wrote that allows you to call me a bigot? In my book, the military has but one purpose, and it sure as hell isn't to smooth over someone's feelings, or social experimentation. Now just because I hold that view you call me a bigot? There are most certainly gays and women who share my view.  The military should not have to diminish its effectiveness just so people like you are not offended.

Why?Town

Who would you rather have defend you in combat?

1) Arnold Schwartzenegger
2) Elton John
3) Ellen DeGeneres

iwasthere

stewie what planet do you live on in this universe? the same one that  bigot moadus belongs to in this universe. those comments are laughable among the eniighten ones on this board.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 12, 2011, 11:03:13 PM
Are you an idiot or what? Did I say anything about hating anyone?
no i am not an idiot but i know a bigot when i see one. your anti-acceptance tone of your reply about women and gays in the military shows your hatred for these two groups. you wrote it now you have to live with that statement. mr. bigot

Dan Moadus

Quote from: iwasthere on January 12, 2011, 03:20:38 PM
dan do you wear a mask and carry a burning cross while writing this non sense. these are the same agruments that the white anglo saxon people  use to curb immgration from the wester and eastern european countries. are you saying hate woman and anyone who is from the glbt community and its allies. this kind of hate put a bullet into the heads of little girl, a judge and congresswoman from Arizona. are you are racist your remarks can bury your political career by the end of the day. i will make sure of that old useless humanbeing.

Are you an idiot or what? Did I say anything about hating anyone?

stewie

What does race have to do with it?  Combat is for men, period.  It has nothing to do with race or sexual orientation. However, that being said morale is a critical aspect in motivating troops to fight for you.   Having  openly homosexual males could cause morale issues.  Women do not belong in combat units.  They cannot cover a sector or hump ammo.  Men in a unit could potentially feel a need to look after or protect a woman in combat.  This would weaken the overall defensive posture of the entire unit. They could leave a post or leave a sector un watched. There is no room for political correctness or equality in combat.  It is a war and you are there as a warrior.  I am not saying they cannot serve but not in combat.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 07, 2011, 03:56:24 PM
Who cares what the rest of the world's industrial countries do? They rely on us for their defense. I don't even like women serving in a combat area much less gays?
dan do you wear a mask and carry a burning cross while writing this non sense. these are the same agruments that the white anglo saxon people  use to curb immgration from the wester and eastern european countries. are you saying hate woman and anyone who is from the glbt community and its allies. this kind of hate put a bullet into the heads of little girl, a judge and congresswoman from Arizona. are you are racist your remarks can bury your political career by the end of the day. i will make sure of that old useless humanbeing.

irishbobcat

Dan... you warped, twisted old man.........

why don't you re-enlist then?