News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

don'task and don't tell

Started by iwasthere, December 25, 2010, 03:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on February 01, 2011, 04:25:50 PM
Wow, so if I was never in hand to hand combat then my service is worthless?  And I do not act like my service makes me any better than anyone else. I do assert my opinions about things having to do with the military based upon those years of experience. Same as an engineer or pilot might in their areas of expertise. Fact remains that we separate men and women because of sex. yet you don't feel that the same thing should happen for a man or woman who may have feelings for the same sex. I'm so terribly sorry, but I would never tell a straight male that he had to live in the same room with a known gay male that he had never met before. It would be the same thing as telling a woman to move into a room with a strange man. It's basic and its facts. You call it what you will.

BTW, no,  I will not discuss my service with you. It simply is first,  none of your business and second, you piss me off.

And I did not doubt your patriotism, simply your military experience.
if you are proud of your service you should talk and discuss it with anyone that ask about you. i am glad that i haven't lost my touch in irking people's feelings towards my comments. :o ??? :-X ;D. your comments about having gay men and str8 men sleeping together befuddles me about having intelligent conversation with you concerning the safety of this country. ???

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on February 01, 2011, 08:03:29 PM
"Iwasthere". You say, "people are out of jobs and we are discussing this issue as if it is matter of life and death for the residents of usa." You forget; you brought it up.
yes i brought it because we the residents of usa are still concern about someone's personal life when we should embrace everyone's positive contributions to our society. dan we are going into the 22nd century and some of the hateful discrimination acts against our citizens should not be tolerated at all during our lifetime on this earth. as indviduals we should resolve conflicts instead of creating them. tolerance must be our key to our success as a country if we are going to survive the lunacy of backwards people on this continient.

Dan Moadus

"Iwasthere". You say, "people are out of jobs and we are discussing this issue as if it is matter of life and death for the residents of usa." You forget; you brought it up.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on February 01, 2011, 03:29:18 PM
you go around on this board acting like you have all the answers to the arm forces on military social issues. i do not need to wear a uniform to go around to defend my country. i parttake in my community many action groups to show my patriotic duty. i would like to all about you military service. was your military service based on stateside services or was it actually y in hand to hand combat. it is easy to go around the country in your uniform promoting military recruitment when you never had to see men and women dying from enemy gunfire except from your collections of john Wayne movies. you believe in right wing media and believe in left wing media, you say potato and i  say potatoe. we are all patriotic on this board in many ways. i do not believe in any types of discriminations in any walk of life whether it is in public or private sector. this country is in more financial trouble then the great depression and the country is up in arms about some one's sexual orientation. people are out of jobs and we are discussing this issue as if it is matter of life and death for the residents of usa. sarge you can go to bed worrying about this issue or you can go to bed and rest assure that the USA is still and always will be in goood hands whatever one's sexual orientation it might be in their life.

Wow, so if I was never in hand to hand combat then my service is worthless?  And I do not act like my service makes me any better than anyone else. I do assert my opinions about things having to do with the military based upon those years of experience. Same as an engineer or pilot might in their areas of expertise. Fact remains that we separate men and women because of sex. yet you don't feel that the same thing should happen for a man or woman who may have feelings for the same sex. I'm so terribly sorry, but I would never tell a straight male that he had to live in the same room with a known gay male that he had never met before. It would be the same thing as telling a woman to move into a room with a strange man. It's basic and its facts. You call it what you will.

BTW, no,  I will not discuss my service with you. It simply is first,  none of your business and second, you piss me off.

And I did not doubt your patriotism, simply your military experience.

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on January 20, 2011, 02:11:33 PM
Iwasthere,

Please explain to us when you last wore a Uniform, you want to talk the talk and point fingers to include trash talk about what my service may or may not have been, So please tell us just what you base your opinions on.

There is no need for me to defend my position against you. I've been there and have had a gay couple live in my house.

What is your experience other than what the left wing media seems to tell you to believe?
you go around on this board acting like you have all the answers to the arm forces on military social issues. i do not need to wear a uniform to go around to defend my country. i parttake in my community many action groups to show my patriotic duty. i would like to all about you military service. was your military service based on stateside services or was it actually y in hand to hand combat. it is easy to go around the country in your uniform promoting military recruitment when you never had to see men and women dying from enemy gunfire except from your collections of john Wayne movies. you believe in right wing media and believe in left wing media, you say potato and i  say potatoe. we are all patriotic on this board in many ways. i do not believe in any types of discriminations in any walk of life whether it is in public or private sector. this country is in more financial trouble then the great depression and the country is up in arms about some one's sexual orientation. people are out of jobs and we are discussing this issue as if it is matter of life and death for the residents of usa. sarge you can go to bed worrying about this issue or you can go to bed and rest assure that the USA is still and always will be in goood hands whatever one's sexual orientation it might be in their life.

sfc_oliver

Iwasthere,

Please explain to us when you last wore a Uniform, you want to talk the talk and point fingers to include trash talk about what my service may or may not have been, So please tell us just what you base your opinions on.

There is no need for me to defend my position against you. I've been there and have had a gay couple live in my house.

What is your experience other than what the left wing media seems to tell you to believe?

Dan Moadus

There's a gay/lesbian community center?

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on January 19, 2011, 03:36:18 PM
There is no comparison between Race and Sexual orientation. Simply not the same thing.
yes there is, discrimination is discrimination no matter how well you represent your case in this matter.  you do not want to admit to other bloggers that you believe in discrimination based on medieval ideas we are in the 22c and we have some people with prehistoric philosophy.

sfc_oliver

There is no comparison between Race and Sexual orientation. Simply not the same thing.

iwasthere

Quote from: Dan Moadus on January 18, 2011, 09:49:04 PM
"Iwasthere". Sarge asked a good question: "Who do you bunk gay people with? We do not bunk women and men together because of possible sexual problems, so we cannot bunk homosexuals with people whom they might be sexually attractive to. It simply doesn't work."  So who do you bunk a gay man with? Men? Where there might be disruptions because there would be sexual attraction, or with women, because there would be no sexual attraction?

The question is a good one because it brings up an area of potential conflict, which should be avoided if the military unit is to be effective. Please tell us how you would arrange bunking.
dan you and sarge used arguments that were used when the debate was to allow the black man to serve with other white soldiers. as matter of fact, gay military personal are already bunking with other str8 men. has there been str8 men being molested in the middle of the nite by the gay military personnel? this debate should be talk about in open forum at the local glbt community ctre. i can arrange this dialogue give me the heads up on this one.  the state dept is considering allowing women to serve on submarines with other men. the snafu is the color of the submarine pink, blue, rainbow, yellow or plain.

iwasthere

Quote from: sfc_oliver on January 19, 2011, 08:54:36 AM
A soldier.
a soldier that does not have discrimination in heart, mind and soul to thier country. whether it is a woman/man from all walks of life.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Why?Town on January 18, 2011, 10:35:22 PM
The gay man may not be attracted to women but women could certainly be attracted to a gay man.

As for my earlier question I didn't really mean those people specifically so I'll rephrase it.

Who would you rather have defend you in combat?

1) A manly man
2) A womanly man
3) A manly woman
4) A womanly woman

A soldier.

Why?Town

The gay man may not be attracted to women but women could certainly be attracted to a gay man.

As for my earlier question I didn't really mean those people specifically so I'll rephrase it.

Who would you rather have defend you in combat?

1) A manly man
2) A womanly man
3) A manly woman
4) A womanly woman

Dan Moadus

"Iwasthere". Sarge asked a good question: "Who do you bunk gay people with? We do not bunk women and men together because of possible sexual problems, so we cannot bunk homosexuals with people whom they might be sexually attractive to. It simply doesn't work."  So who do you bunk a gay man with? Men? Where there might be disruptions because there would be sexual attraction, or with women, because there would be no sexual attraction?

The question is a good one because it brings up an area of potential conflict, which should be avoided if the military unit is to be effective. Please tell us how you would arrange bunking.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on January 18, 2011, 12:17:05 PM
sarge i laugh at so-called soldiers like you who made a military living by doing stateside military service during their military career. the only scrape that you ever received was tripping over your own two feet while talking, walking and chewing gum at the same time. i never heard from you that you were in hand to hand combat with our nation's enemies. you have a gay stepson a wonder what other places of positions that you would deny him a career living. who would bunk with them. did ever feel physically threaten that your gay son slept in your house while he was growing up? did he ever molest you or any of the your family members while living with you?

You know what? You can take your" so called soldier" BS and place it where the sun don't shine. You have no right to question my service. I don't brag about where I've been and what I've done enough for you, so I am a so called soldier?

We all have our opinions. Yours have no more weight than mine.
I have my informed opinion because I've been there.

When you have worn the uniform for 22 years you let me know and we can discuss my service.
And my stepson never slept in the same room with me. Especially since he was already 17 when i met his mother. Not that it is any of your business.

Now if you have anything intelligent to add, let me know.