News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Let's Use A Green Agenda To Turn Ohio Foward

Started by irishbobcat, July 26, 2010, 09:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

Let's Use A Green Agenda To Turn Ohio Foward

It's time we use a Green Agenda to fix Ohio after 2010. Ted Strickland's Turn Around Ohio plan has failed. John Kasich's plan to will Turn Ohio Backwards. Let's Turn Ohio Forward using a state-wide Green Agenda.

To Fix Ohio's 8 billion dollar budget shortfall, I call for an income tax increase and business tax increase. I believe we should pairs these tax proposals with plans for an audit of the state budget to identify and cut wasteful programs, practices and positions – and ending pork-barrel spending. We must take these actions first before we commit to cutting another 10% in the state budget that would hurt
Human Services and Public Education.

I believe in raising the minimum wage to a "living wage," making college free for qualified residents and expanding public sector employment with more, higher-paying social service jobs.

I believe in a state-run bank – similar to one created by North Dakota – which would collect all state revenues to invest both surplus funds and private deposits in projects that would benefit the state.

I also want to promote green energy by implementing a "fee and dividend" system, which would collect fees from greenhouse gas producers and nuclear power companies. Part of the proceeds would be used to pay the state's bills, while the rest would be redistributed to among Ohio residents, with low-income residents receiving the largest shares.

This Green Agenda will help Turn Ohio forward. Ted Strickland and John Kasich's plans won't.

Dennis S. Spisak-Green Party of Ohio Nominee for Governor

Http://www.dennisspisak.com

http://www.votespisak.org/governor/

For more information, contact 330-503-1407