News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Campbell's Water Plant

Started by jay, December 19, 2005, 06:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

If Youngstown were to supply drinking water to Campbell, the city of Youngstown should, as much as possible, absorb the Campbell employees into the Youngstown Water Department staff.  The water distribution lines in Campbell would still have to be maintained by someone. Why not retain the Campbell workers, who know the water system?

Ed Brainard

I've lived here in Campbell for 56 years now.  I often wonder "where did all the money go?".  I would not like to be a city official these days....I feel sorry for them, but I also commend them for stepping in to run for office to try to help.  Our water is not all that great, and I would love to have "Youngstown water".......but what happens to all of the water department employees?  Their benefits?  Their pensions?  Similar circumstances are in the works for our Fire Department....what will happen to THEIR benefits and pensions if this is to take place?  I know that when I go to sleep at night, there are fully trained, dedicated employees of the Police AND Fire Department there staying awake to protect my family....There are a dedicated employees working in our water, Police, and Fire Departments......what happens to THEM when the dust settles and we're a part of Youngstown once again?  Does the term EAST YOUNGSTOWN ring a bell?  That's what Campbell was once called.

Nikolai

Not only is it possible, it would be cheaper. Youngstown water rates are more stable than the rates charged by a private concern. Just ask the people not serviced by Youngstown Niles and Warren. Their rates escalate each year.

jay

Campbell, Ohio is attempting to sell its water plant in an effort to make money to retain some of the city's current employees.  Would it be possible for the city of Campbell to purchase water from the city of Youngstown instead?