News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Some To Attend The Next City Council Meeting

Started by jay, February 22, 2010, 10:02:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

Quote from: Steve Novotny on March 08, 2010, 02:57:41 PM
Most of the dialogue and discussion takes place at the committee meetings. The city should do a better job of informing the public about the committee meetings and what takes place at them. In fact, I'll try to make it a point to obtain the CDA committee meeting minutes and get them posted to the CDA blog.
post them on this blog.

iwasthere

iwasthere did attend last week's council meeting and once again council showed the public that council does not want the public to know about the city's business. at every council meeting the council reps votes to suspend the rules of council thus avoiding any true dialogue on any city's business matters. no council reps votes ever against suspending the rules of council since i have been attending council meetings from 2002 till present. one must attend the finance meetings before every council meetings to have some gasp of the business that is before council that evening. rushgal and others are correct that they leave the council chambers more confuse then ever before they entered council chambers. it is my opinion, council over uses the suspension of council rules because they themselves are clueless about running the city business. brown, kitchen, tarpley, and drennan are puppets of jay williams, they will vote on any items that is set in front of them that jay tells them to vote. the other three, i never see any opposition from them either in any city matters. council meetings look like seven bobble heads saying yes to bozonich and williams agenda. there is never public discussions at any council meetings between reps with each other that is the reason why they look like seven yesmen bobble heads.

Rushblvd

OMG--Are you kidding me. How could anyone listen, it was over in 5-minutes...

john r. swierz

To IWASTHERE- You were there, was it that you were not listening ?

iwasthere

jay what valuable info that jrs gave you to share with this chatroom?

Youngstownshrimp

Another example of all flash and no cash!  Kind of like some here, and the Bobscum is a typical example, all talk and nothing to show for it.

Barking about how things needs to change and then no action, we have to many of these types in this town.  No wonder why we are dead last economically.

jay

This was totally disappointing.

The person who called for the show of community support did not attend the council meeting and wasn't even on the agenda to speak.

>:(   >:(   >:(   >:(

I did have an informative conversation with the seventh ward councilman after the meeting.

iwasthere

BEST OF LUCK POLICE CHIEF JIMMY HUGHES DOES NOT THINK THE ST DOM'S AREA IS RIDDLE WITH CRIMMIAL ACTIVITY.

jay

To show disgust for all of the crime in Youngstown, some are asking citizens to come to the next Youngstown City Council meeting on Wednesday, March 3.