News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Downtown Day - Thursday, October 1

Started by jay, September 29, 2009, 06:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Towntalk

I have an abiding admoration for substitute teachers because two members of my family have done it in other districts.

TO DENNIS:

I'm glad that the Struthers BOE does value the work these teachers do. They deserve it.

iwasthere

towntalk the strutheres boe does pay a decent salary. i was saying the extra income did help to offset the unexpected expense for the car. tt thank you for your kind words of appreciation. :) the only draw back to subbing in different school districts is the many ways the education process is setup in the schools aka the school periods, topics and the planning period. it can be confusing at times but the reg teachers and administrations are good at explaining the school program to the sub. i follow the reg teacher notes for the day but i do modify the plan depending on the children and yg adults attitude towards me. i make it known in the classroom just because i have one foot in the grave and the other foot on a banana peel does not mean i cannot hang with the group. ;D :( :laugh: the sub/reg teacher must pick their battles in the classroom at the same the teaching process is continue without much disruption from the students and teacher.

irishbobcat

Towntalk

Blame it on the Struthers Board of Education.

Subbing's no picnic, and those that do subbing deserve a big pat on the back, and a tip of the hat.

iwasthere

RR what is the price of your book? i had my usual progressive lunch at the food ct in federal place. i spread my wealth around today in lowellville at my cousin's auto service ctr. i had new break system put on my car. there goes my paycheck for subbing in struthers school district. :o ??? ::) :'(

irishbobcat

jay

I purchased another sandwich from the Santa Fe Southwestern Grill.

I only need two more stamps on my Santa Fe Fanatic Card to receive a free sandwich.

Rick Rowlands

You can also stop by the Tod Engine Heritage Park and buy a copy of "Tod Engine, Saving a Youngstown Landmark".  You can even get it autographed.

2261 Hubbard Road, across from Youngstown Oxygen. 

jay

For Forum Members & Friends
Downtown Youngstown
Stimulate The Economy Day

Thursday, October 1
All Day

Invite Your Friends And Neighbors
Have Breakfast, Buy Lunch, Have Dinner
Get A Haircut, Buy Clothing, Make Copies,
Have Clothing Repaired, Get A Watch Repaired,
Work Out At the YMCA, Visit The Children's Center,
Pay Your Water Bill, Buy A Lottery Ticket,
Buy Tires For Your Car
Spend A Few Dollars In Downtown Youngstown
$1     $5     $10     $20     $50

If you participate, please tell us how you supported a downtown business.