News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another Law Firm Leaves Downtown Youngstown

Started by jay, September 27, 2009, 10:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: sfc_oliver on September 27, 2009, 08:07:54 PM
Cheaper on income tax to move out of the city, remember Youngstown has the highest rate in the state.

Yeah, but it's only 2.75%.  But, I guess for some people, that extra change adds up.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

sfc_oliver

Cheaper on income tax to move out of the city, remember Youngstown has the highest rate in the state.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

With the courthouses being downtown, why would one move to Boardman?  Is the vacancy rate in downtown buildings so low that there was no space in another building to move to? 

Towntalk

Given that it would be a memorial to her father, I'm sure that it would be a popular watering hole for Democrats.

Why?Town

Well she would be saving 2.75% a year in income tax. I'm sure that's a healthy sum.

Towntalk

Heidi Hanni hopes eventually to renovate the building and reopen it, possibly as a downstairs pub called the Bull Moose Tavern, bearing her father's nickname and displaying his memorabilia, with student apartments upstairs.

If she doesn't have the money to renovate the building and keep using it as a law office, where would she get the money to turn it into a bar and apartments?

Why?Town

It does seem that way from the article.

Are they using the lack of maintenance as an excuse to move to a newer building? Like our school systems seem to like to do?

I have trouble understanding why local buildings need replaced because they're old but the White House and the Capital building are at least twice as old but seem to be perfectly fine.

Towntalk

If I'm not mistaken the Hanni's own the building.

Why?Town

I too wonder why the building hasn't been kept up.

jay

The Hanni Law is leaving its West Boardman Street location in downtown Youngstown and moving to the suburbs. (see the story in the Sunday newspaper)

The condition of its building was cited as the main reason for the move. 

Why wasn't the building repaired?
Who owns the building?