News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Citizen Action

Started by jay, September 24, 2009, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

towntalk that is what some of the downtown merchants are saying to patrons that do business in the downtown area in ytown. i shop ytown downtown a regular basis and the streets and sidewalks are in deplorable conditions given to responsible and irresponsible shopkeeper. sasho and gilliam knows the blight of the downtown and it is their job to see to it that the downtown is shines 24/7. Blvd gal i bet the streetsweeper will buy you a choice of your adult beverage the next time he sees you in the downtown area, only if he knew you. rush gal if you see him downtown sweeping again go up to him and introduce you to him and strike up a conversation. i bet he can give you the lowdown on the downtown gossip then you and commie neighbor can discuss the downtown news and spread it around the Blvd. :D :-X

Rushblvd

I think the real story here is the BROOM and not the sweeper. The broom is a tool used by few, as evident by the dirty streets, but when used can be quite effective. I would like to think that the person in the picture using that broom knows what he is doing. I would say he does. By the pure sweeping motion, he has done this before. Where, I do not know, but my breakdown of the situation I would say somewhere that has a union. Yes there is a look of disgust on his face, but I would say that is with the individual(s) who broke the glass on the street, not with him sweeping.. So I say Kudos's to you Mr. Sweeper. Sweep away and do not let anyone discourage you... :laugh:

Towntalk

Does that mean that were I to own a store downtown and saw some broken glass in front of my shop on the curb that I'd have to leave it until some city worker got off his extended coffee/lunch brake long enough to sweep it up?

Could I be held responsable if someone gets hurt?

I hardly think the city would own up to it.

iwasthere

a concern retired city worker took the pic to make sure it wasn't a union job taken away from its streetsweeper's union members. ;) the broom was made in the USA by a one arm, one foot, one eye and one nostril, who does belong to the one arm,foot, eye and nostril ascme union.

Rick Rowlands

I think the real story here is" Who is this crazy fool taking a picture of me sweeping up some glass!" :) 

Lynds

that broom wasnt made in America ;)

iwasthere

maybe that person wants to be nameless fearing he has to pay back streetsweepers union dues. ;D rush gal maybe the reason why you reconize the broom, you traded it in when they had cash for clankers progams :) ;) :D ;D 8) ::) :-X :-* :laugh:.

Rushblvd

After reading the comment from Why?Town regarding the blurring business I have to kinda of agree with it. The internet is a tool that can be good  :laugh: or bad >:(.  I have to believe that if someone wants that broom bad enough they will find it and the person using it.  Be careful Mr. Broom Sweeper

Rick Rowlands

Blurring plates and even faces when they are out in public is silly.  There is no expectation of privacy when on public property.

Why?Town

As it is customary to protect innocent people by blurring their faces, it now customary to protect innocent cars by blurring their plate. ;)

Actually there has been some discussion of the merits of blurring the plate number on a couple of the automotive boards I frequent. The opinions range anywhere from "Who really cares? They can easily see my plate number in person 24 hours a day." to "OMG! Any one of 3 billion internet users can see my great car and all the time/money I spent on it, run my plate, find my address, travel (from potentially around the world) to my house/work and steal my baby!"

I'm in the "Who cares?" group.

Those in the second group are rarely seen outside their mother's basement and can be easily identified by their tinfoil caps.

Rushblvd

I am wondering why that license plate is blurrrrrrred out?
I recognize that broom from a somewhere? ummmm

iwasthere

i am not surprised by these outsourced job workers' responses. :o

Why?Town

jay

This concerned citizen was observed sweeping the parking area in front of 20 Federal Place today. 

When he arrived downtown this morning the parking space was full of glass from a broken beverage bottle.  He asked the parking ticket lady to try to get the glass removed.  She supposedly replied that it wasn't her job and then left.  At this point the gentleman removed a broom from the trunk of his nearby car and swept the street.

:)