News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Suggestion For The Downtown Movies

Started by jay, September 04, 2009, 11:19:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynds

I'm defiantly interested in continuing the movies over the winter months, i was thinking about doing Independent Films...something a little more risque...maybe at a place like the Lemon Grove...or the Oakland would be great. The only cost would be for sound...and rights to show the movie..., I bought the projector this year because we also have ideas of projecting art work on the sides of Downtown Youngstown buildings. Man, i forgot about the cost to show the movie...that runs anywhere between 200 to 350. Does anyone know an Independent movie producer?
or...I also thought about just having local movie/ videographers have a 'open movie night' kind of like an open mic night...you get the picture...
Let me know if you have any thoughts.

ps
Last Party on the Plaza of the year Friday Sept 11th.
Grey to Green 10-5pm Wick Park Sept 12th
Pabstolutley 2 12:30-2am Royal Oaks Sept 12th

iwasthere

rr why stay home when you can enjoy movies with other people of this valley on a monday nite. rr save your fourteen dollars and give it to some liberal causes in the mahoning valley. :)

Rick Rowlands

Spend $14.00 a month and watch any movie you want at home with Netflix.  Hey that reminds me, I have Babylon 5 and Tucker to watch tonight!

cc4

I enjoyed the selection that was presented this summer and attended all of the movies.  I would definitely show up if there was money to continue the movies or would even be willing to kick in a few dollars if necessary.

elecpencil

I think it would be something I'd love to see happen indoors during the winter when people are looking for things to do.

iwasthere

iwasthere will be there in attendance. oakland or the victorian players are great downtown theaters to show indoor movies.

jay

I've enjoyed the outdoor downtown movies this summer.

Would it be possible to continue the movies inside the Oakland or some other building for the months ahead?

Would anyone else be willing to attend?