News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

To Dine-in Or Not To Dine-in

Started by jay, May 13, 2020, 05:12:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

I corresponded with someone today who will not venture out to public places because of his several health issues.

jay

I watched an older cooking show on TV this week.  One thing I noticed was the chef leaning over the food he was preparing and talking at the same time.  We now realize that normal talking can emit potential virus particles into the air.

I would want to know if the chef and other kitchen workers are wearing face coverings while preparing my food.

If I dine out I would try to sit near the kitchen so I would be able to see if the kitchen staff are wearing masks.  No masks!  I won't dine there.

jay

I'm also going to watch Mahoning County's coronavirus infection numbers.  If cases are increasing, I'm not going to dine out.

jay

One of my concerns is the person taking the order.   He/she will probably be wearing a face covering and gloves.

Will this person also bus tables?  Will he/she adequately clean their hands/gloves after touching a diner's plates, utensils, cups ....?  I would have to observe the operation myself before determining it it was really safe.

Why?Town

There are so many people that are so scared of the covid I might be the only person sitting in a restaurant and I can't wait.

jay

Restaurants will reopen for indoor dining on May 21.

Are you going to dine in a restaurant when the restrictions are lifted?