News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Financing the Convocation Center

Started by jay, July 18, 2005, 02:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reggie Mclendon

I think having the county part of it is good for the Area......I think if the city could figure a way that county could an equal voice so be it.........Im a life long city resident from the northside, it would makes sense that this would be an Mahoning County Project we got "Federal Funds"...........This is everyone's CONVOCATION CENTER not just YOUNGSTOWN'S........The city and county could form a board with 70 percent give or take needed to pass anything.........I don't think Uncle Sam would mind that........It's time for these elected servants of THE PEOPLE to start working for the people.......To survive Mahoning Valley must work as one........If we can't bring things for an better life here are kids will be gone and half way around the country and so will the grandkids....Youngstown and Austintown and Youngstown and Liberty are already working together to develope their Borders .....Austintown and Youngstown Saltsprings Road Youngstown and Liberty The 7 11 connector border between The Township and The City......."911", there could be one 911 Center for the Whole Valley who needs all theses Centers it's a waste of money........If we can't bring things here like JOBS or Entertainment for the better of this Valley we can only look in the MIRROR at our self's..... :-X :-X

jay

What is the public's opinion regarding the proposed use of Mahoning County money to finance a portion of the debt on the Convocation Center?