News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

BELLAMY Critiques Political Campaigns “Aey for Sheriff & Lanzo for Judge”

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, March 02, 2008, 10:06:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

I will be voting for Lanzo on Election Day. He is a proven judge and knows what he is doing.. Belinky is just another liberal put into that spot by our liberal governor.

It's time for change, vote out Belinky, vote in Lanzo!

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

BELLAMY Critiques Political Campaigns "Aey for Sheriff & Lanzo for Judge"

To help you create a visual image of a political campaign; think of them as being an aggressive Commercial Business with a short life span and the last day of business is on Election Day...and the voters are the customers of this business and you have to persuade these customers to buy your product [the candidate] and convince these customers to come out and buy your product at someone else's store [Board of Elections] on this one and only sales day [Election Day]. With that business model in mind the good political campaign works its business backwards from Election Day as the last day of business.

"Aey for Sheriff"

I met David Aey at two local political events over the past year and I am always sizing up political candidates for their abilities to win an election; I watched Mr. Aey at these events; it became obvious that he was not afraid to reach out and introduce himself to people, this guy would do a good job at working the room and he would appear to be listening to what the person was trying to say to him; Aey would also give the impression to people that he was a much bigger man in stature by using great body language. This guy has very good salesmanship qualities and that is rare for political candidates. I liked him because he was a good looking product that would be good for the Election Day sale.

Aey's Political Strategy;
I have no way of knowing what his political strategy was because I was not a member of his campaign team. However, I can analyze what I observed as consultant and local voter. His campaign strategy seemed to lack a "Candidate Defining" portion of their plan. There was no point where his campaign defined him to the voters or created an image of who he was to the average voter [this is done through "Earned Media" activities and political "Agenda Setting". The results were that the media and his opponent attempted to define who Mr. Aey by slamming him on his education and supervisory experience. And you never let them define you is rule #1.

Aey Political Tactics;
With out comparison the Aey for Sheriff Campaign had the best Political Tactics Plan than any other local candidate. They took advantage of "Moving Out door advertising", good artwork designs for logo branding on printed materials and catchy radio ads. It would have been great to see all of his tactics unfold if the campaign was still on the ballot.

My recommendation; Mr. Aey should begin to look at future elections for the very next cycle and choose an elected office to run for because the voters know who you are and they have a positive impression of you as well.  "Run David Run"!!! 

"Lanzo for Judge"

The Ohio Cannons for Judicial Conduct limits the Judicial Candidates from using some forms of electioneering and their campaigns may appear not as aggressive as the normal political campaign. These restrictions do not limit the judicial campaign from practicing sound and proven methods of getting elected.

The Lanzo for Judge" Campaign did a great job of establishing "Name ID" for their candidate; they used proven eye catching color schemes for their print materials and outdoor advertising signs. This campaign is still active and my comments are not an endorsement but this campaign is doing a great job.