News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Radio Debates are “No Good” for Political Candidates!

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, February 26, 2008, 10:15:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Are you saying that candidates should avoid not only talk radio and such programs as Face The Nation, Meet The Press, The Situation Room, and local TV debates?

Let me ask this question: How many people actually read campaign mailers? I know that I treat mailers like all of the rest of the junk mail that I get.

At least with talk radio I get hard information about the candidate and not just a lot of slogans and precious little more, and that's a lot more than post cards and handbills.

I'm all for knock down, drag out political debate fights, be they on radio, television or in person.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Radio Debates are "No Good" for Political Candidates!

All of the local political candidates that are set to or have appeared on the local radio morning talk shows did more damage to themselves than good. Many of the candidates were sniped at, cut off or just out right made a fool of.

Remember this all of you potential political candidates. American media is very rapid and also very forgettable by the viewer/listener.  This means that, when creating a voter impression of you, always guard against media exposure that you don't have complete control of the content.

In short, the voters will not be able retain anything "Good" about you from a radio talk show, they will only retain the "Bad" as presented by the show's host. Americans have very short memories of the good things they hear of see in media, but they will retain the "Bad" and use it against you on Election Day.   

Political news media is fueled by "The Conflict" and not information, remove the element of conflict and you control the media. Accept the fact that "Voter Persuasion" cost money and vote persuasion is only paid for by you and your supporters and not by the media.