News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Last Week to Campaign! Who will Win?

Started by Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics, February 23, 2008, 04:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

In November I will vote for Iraq. We need to remain there because we are doing so much good that the liberal media will never show you in the paper or on the nightly news it's sickening. Violence is down at astronomical percentages. We can NOT leave Iraq now. Our future will be very bright knowing we have a strong military presence in the Middle East.

And o yah, don't buy into the liberal propaganda of cutting and running. We will always be in Iraq like we have always been in Germany and Korea and Japan.

Although I feel he is a Democrat on many other issues, John McCain will be the best choice to lead this country in Iraq and through National Security.

And you should all know damn well McCain would pull us out of Iraq it was truly bad. He fought and almost died in Vietnam, a war no-one liked! If he felt it was going toward that same state, we'd be outta there in a few months.

Towntalk

If Huckabee doesn't make it to the General Election in November are you saying that you'll not vote for the Republican Candidate knowing that a non vote for the Republican candidate is a vote for the Democrat?

As for Obama and Clinton, everything I've read says that they are statistically neck and neck in Ohio, and as things currently stand, it will not be a blowout for either candidate statewide. Only after the Cleveland debate will w be able to get a better handle on where the two stand, and if it's anything like the Texas debate which ended in a draw I'll not bet on who will win Ohio on March 4th.

One thing is certain, and that is that over the next 10 days, both will get down and dirty, and we're already seeing this with Clinton in a rage over a piece of campaign material that the Obama camp is flooding Ohio with dealing with the health care issue.

If the results are close enough that there is no clear winner, you can bet that the Clinton camp will demand a recount and look for the center of controversy center around Northeast Ohio, and particularly Cleveland since past Presidential races in Ohio that were disputed centered around Cuyahoga County.

For my part, I'd rather take a chance on hitting the Super Lottery than bet on who the winner will be. My candidate dropped off the ballot so it really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

Furthermore, remember what happened in 2000 and 2004? Our votes were an exercise in futility thanks to the Supreme Court in 2000 and the Electoral College in 2004. The popular vote is really meaningless ... it's the Electoral College that makes the final decision, and if they are deadlocked, the House of Representatives, and who is in control of the House of Representatives? The Democrats.

Until we amend the Constitution to abolish the Electoral College and go to the popular vote nothing will change.

ytowner

Whatever, Hillary will win Ohio by 8-10 points.... She got big leads in every poll in this state, and Obama hasn't stormed back like he has in Texas, where he may squeak out a win.

Bottom Line.
Yes to McNally
No to Traficanti
No to Belinky
Undecided with Wellington
No to Antonini
No to Obama and Clinton
Yes to anyone not named McCain for the R's
Yes to Lanzo

Go Republicans in November!
http://valleyred.wordpress.com

Towntalk

If the FEC report on the amount of money the candidates raised is any indicator, and I do not necessarily say it is, Barack Obama (D) and John McCain (R) will take Mahoning County. The question is though who will the John Edwards switch to? The FEC report currently up at their web site shows that Hillary Clinton didn't fare well in Mahoning County, and with her poll numbers dropping from two digit to single digit numbers in the latest poll, it doesn't look good for her in Ohio.

Anything can happen though between now and March 4th.

One thing is certain though, and that is that IF this election follows past elections, there is certain to be controversies over the outcome.

Frank Bellamy, MAP Masters of Applied Politics

Last Week to Campaign! Who will Win?

On Election Day Frank Bellamy, Political Consultant will give his unsolicited assessments of the local political campaigns.

This critique will review the candidate's TV Ads, Radio Ads, Direct Mail Ads, Yard Signs, Political Messages, Context of this Election and other political activities.