News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Christmas Shopping 2017

Started by JoyceFarrell, November 25, 2017, 08:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoyceFarrell

In years past. our mailbox was filled full of mail order Christmas catalogues, but now with most of us shopping on line, we're luckey if we get one or two.

Shopping on line has had an adverse effect on brick and morter stores, so the question I have for you is "What percentage of your Christmas shopping will be on line this year verses going out to the Malls.

Now I know that there are those who say that we should only shop in town as opposed to the malls, but lets face it, there are no stores in Youngstown catering to children's cloths and toys.

If I'm going to get gifts for my family, I sure am not going to spend money on the trinkets at some local craft shop in the former Ward Bakery building. In all the cases I will have to ship them out as far as Texas.

I can go on line, and at Amazon I can do all my Christmas shopping in a single afternoon, and then when the items come, relable the  package and have my friend take them to United Palcle to ship out.