News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

For My Friend Allan Only

Started by Towntalk, October 22, 2015, 12:58:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

FOUND it - Wellendorf Ave is now Benita Ave between Elm Street and Logan - ca. 1915.

Benita was already named Benita from Elm Street west to Fifth Ave at that time.

;D

AllanY2525

I would love to have seen Central Square back in the day... the old photos are beautiful.  The square is
definitely on its way back up - wish they could open it up like it used to be, with a bigger island in the
middle.....

A small, but interesting mystery in the article about Realty Trust Co - it references a street named "Wellendorf"
as one of the boundaries of a neighborhood they developed between Ohio Ave, Logan Ave, Dennick.  This
street was undoubtedly re-named, just wondering what street that is nowadays....I've always had a historical
curiousity about the naming of streets (not the usual one like Elm, Main street, etc but those named after
family surnames and the like)

A LOT of streets in Youngstown changed names over the years... it would be some interesting trivia to know the
history of what motivated the name changes.  Influential families from days long gone, long forgotten in many
cases.

I think there was a Wellendorf family that owned a parcel of land in this area of the north side way back
in the day.

Towntalk

I'm just about the most wonderful person you'll ever wish you never met.  :laugh: