News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

CONSUMER VERY BAD AND DEPRESSING NEWS

Started by Towntalk, January 15, 2015, 02:53:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

It's sad that the article states Radio Shack went 11 quarters at a loss... what idiot
in their right mind in Corporate would allow the losses to go on for this long?  Radio
shack should have gone to the "buy online, pickup at the store" model that so many
other retailers have moved to - no need to maintain a large inventory at the store,
with items being shipped from a centralized warehouse as needed.

I used to shop at Radio Shack for components, as I am an electronics hobbyist and
build my own gadgets... but like Rick says, their assortment of available parts has
dwindled year after year - and their prices s**k.

Rick Rowlands

I was wondering how long Radio Shack was going to hold out.  They once had their place when electronics were not as commonly available, and they also had a big business in selling parts.  But they got out of the parts business and decided to go head to head with Best Buy, Walmart etc. on selling consumer electronics.  But their stores are too small and they are getting their clocks cleaned by the big box stores.  In a year Radio Shack will be gone.