News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

When Will Redistricting Take Place?

Started by jay, May 19, 2014, 05:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

:)  That's the dude ... the Don Hanni wanna be.  ;D

Peggy Gurney

Who is Dave?  Talkin' about Betras?

~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Money rules in politics ... if the money bag Democrats come up with a candidate and load his or her coffers, then it matters not what the committee members want. And don't forget that Dave is upset with old lady gillams and her old man, and if the right moneyed folks come along, Dave woul throw gillams under the bus in a hearbeat, and don't think for a moment that he wouldn't,

jay

The precinct committee members are her chosen friends.  When it comes time for the party's endorsement, she becomes the candidate.  The party machine takes over and she wins.

Towntalk

Who says it has to be Republican ... get a Democrat that has connections to $$$$$$$$$$ and the right connections and they could send old lady gillum into retirement, and the same holds for her shaddow who has the idea that she can beat Hagen .

jay

Quotethey keep reelecting the Gillams and Tarpleys.

The Republicans never run anyone against them.

It is very difficult for an independent to run because of the election rules established by the two major parties.

Rick Rowlands

Apparently a majority of people want this to continue as they keep reelecting the Gillams and Tarpleys.

Towntalk

What good is griping to the very source of the problem Jay, do you in your wildest dream think that gullum and tarpley give a rats *** what you or I think? I think not!

Towntalk

Obviously petitions to get the issue on the ballot to force Councils hand isn't going to work, so the only alternative that we have is to file a class action lawsiut in Common Pleas Court to FORCE gillum and tarpley to step aside and quit throwing up roadblocks in the way of something that is MANDATED. And if that is not enough petition the Ohio Attorney General to step in and drag gillum and tarpley by their high heels into court and FORCE them to show cause why they shouldn't be legally punished in the same fashion as other local politicians have been punished ... ie time in the slammer because that is precisely where they belong!

jay

Paul Drennen of the Fifth Ward was the only councilman who voted not to waste our money on another study.  Let your councilmember know how you feel about this issue.

AllanY2525

A glowing example of:

1) "I will protect my turf, regardless of what is best for the citizens I was elected to represent"
2)  Cronyism, at its finest
3). Government waste - not the kind the recyclers pick up, but rather the taxpayers' hard earned $$$

:(

Peggy Gurney

Did you read the article?  LOL... Mayor McNally is president of the Board of Control and stated that it will NOT pay to have yet another company do this.
YSU's Center for Urban and Regional Studies already submitted several maps and they were paid almost $4k for the work.

Looks like it got pretty heated in there, because Janet Tarpley said if the Board won't pay to get a second opinion, they council members will draw the maps themselves!  Wow, that will be a disaster.
~ Normal is overrated ~

jay

City Council, at the May 21 meeting, voted to hire a firm to draw redistricting maps.  The lone "no vote" was from councilman Paul Drennen.   From what I was told, this legislation was not on the agenda.  It was proposed at the end of the meeting by Councilwoman Gillam.

Peggy Gurney

~ Normal is overrated ~