News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hungarian Restaurant Has Opened For Business

Started by jay, August 14, 2006, 09:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micky

We had carry-out orders last week and they were really good!  Chicken paprikash was excellent!  Cabbage rolls were good but they are true Hungarian style with lots of rice and flavored with tomato juice we think.  Still, the food is really good and the employees are friendly and helpful. 

There is plenty of parking around the building.

I hope everyone will try this place at least once.  Let's try to help the small business owners in our community.

jay

The restaurant does offer carryout.  A man came in for two containers of food when I was dining there on Monday.  Call the restaurant at the number listed in a previous post.

I did not notice a kid's menu.  Most menu items may also be purchased in a smaller portion as a side dish.

I noticed on Tuesday that the new sign was being installed on the pole in front of the building.  The restaurant is indeed named the Paprika Cafe.

our2cents

that would be great.  we could try it without the kids being involved.  do they have a kids menu?

ForumManager

I hear you about kids... seems like I geared all our meals toward what THEY would eat when they were younger.

Jay, do they offer the option to buy containers of things for carryout?

our2cents

with kids, our sense of adventure went out the window.   :laugh:

all those items sound delicious to us, but our children are a different story.   :'(

jay

The food specials change each day so there isn't a printed menu at this time.

I ordered the chicken paprikash at the Paprika Cafe on Monday.  It was very good.  My guest enjoyed the pork and sauerkraut dish with a side of potato soup.  We were given Hungarian cookies as a snack when we were finished with the meal.

ForumManager

Where is your sense of adventure? LOL!
If they have good cabbage rolls --  I will be a regular.  I hate making them, but my family loves them.

our2cents

Are you still going to dine there this weekend?  We want to hear someone's story before we venture in.

jay

The Hungarian restaurant is now open.  The hours of operation are subject to change as the owner tries some adjustments.  He may possibly open for breakfast.  The current schedule is listed below.

Tuesday - Sunday, 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Phone: 330-799-2105.