News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Fractivist to Demonstrate Solar Heating"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 24, 2014, 08:24:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

When I was a young boy,  my mother lived right up the street from a hybrid gas/solar heated
house on West Perry Street in Salem.  The guy that lived there was a contractor and built
the place himself.

This was in the late 1970's.  VERY doable in Ohio.  At that time, his winter gas bills were
about $20-$40 a month.  The house used a circulating hot water heat system, powered by
three sources: 

Solar panels, with a ceramic storage tank under the garage floor to store heat for later
use, on days when the solar panels gathered more heat than the house needed right away.
The tank could store surplus heat for several days at a time.

Backup gas fired furnace.

Unique, wood burning fireplace - the log grate was made of stainless steel tubing and
tied into the hot water heating system via a circulating pump.

iwasthere

ytown shrimp the reason why i do respond because i rather debate you face to face then on this blog. did rr ever pay you for the job that you did for him? the last time we spoke in public that was one of your main financial concerns.

Irishbobcat

Ron, fine. I will concede the fact that you cannot heat your home solely with solar in the winter...

However, you can use it as a supplement to lower your gas heating bill in the winter.....

http://myzerowaste.com/2012/04/solar-panels-winter/

Youngstownshrimp

Hellooooooo..............Dennis?  Billy?  Iwasthere? BG?   Where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu??????
You fools better quit secretly using gas to heat your butts, come out and show us how to heat ourselves with Solar!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Where's Biersdork now, where is that Andersen unqualified bloviator?  I bet you they are at home SUCKING up natural gas!