News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"MahoningValley.Info Watchdog of Youngstown"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, January 16, 2014, 08:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

AllanY2525

Very well said, Ron.

I can respect the views and opinions of others on this site, EVEN when I do
not SHARE them with someone.

You are, without a doubt, an achiever.  a real "DOER, as mentioned before.
was it Rick that said it?

Youngstownshrimp

I know for years now on this site I have been an antagonist, when I first started posting on this site one can read history of knock down drag out fights wherein the moderator had to shut down posts.  Some originally here left, most stayed, but what evolved is now clean debate and I read more mutual respect, maybe we have matured, I know I have.
What has been the purpose of many here and we all can agree on this, it is community.  We all had the common bond to help our community, to help it prosper.  Notice how when Youngstown was still at it's lowest, fighting here was at its highest.  Now that progress is beginning to take root and even if it is just the massive amount of Global money pouring in, change is in the air.  But, we still have a long way to go.
Was MVI responsible for many of the changes?  As a sickly child growing up, I could do nothing but read, but I found early on that the "pen is mightier than the sword."  So I write as many here do to effect change, to debate what I see as wrong, to try to better my community.  With what many have written here, one day will be sought after history of Youngstown, probably a book one day.  What has changed with our help I believe and many may not,  let's start with Kitchen for Mayor recently.  Or for that matter and still ongoing Lyndsey, this saga will end with the truth I believe.  The MVOC, why is it so dormant for the last few years, why has our former blogger Kidd left  it?  Rossetta Stone, the Darling of Mayor Williams, urban renewal, turned out a bankruptcy.  The Lemon Grove and Occupy Youngstown! oh what a flashback to the Hippie generation of non production, just support me Government.  Mayor Williams, like Obama, the first Black Leaders realative, but obviously unqualified in my research.  The Landbanks, most of my outcry are coming to pass and after years of shouting, I must step off the soapbox and walkthru those doors that seem to be opening with a very qualified Mayor.
Of course there is more, much more, the MVI is our voice, our microphone to build a better community.  If I have offended many which I have, it is because I want to be proud of Ohio, where back in 1840 the first Eiselsteins made their home.  If we work for community, WE all prosper!  As far as shrimp farming, it always comes up for me almost every week, maybe that is what I will be remembered for.  But what I have proven and set out to do was an experiment to prove Youngstown land was not worthless, like the past values showed.  Fortunately for all of us now, land, because of the minerals in Youngstown is literally a gold mine.  Some do not believe in fracking, but there is no stopping it. but it does not mean that we allow environmental desaster either, we must coexist and grow.
Conclusion, today we must continue our conversation here, our community conversation and stand up to injustice and corruption, let our new Mayor lead us.