News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"County Landbank Stealing Minerals"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, November 03, 2013, 08:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

What I can't understand is why anyone who has a personal investment in their property, and home would ever want to hand over control over it to a group of unelected people who will never pay them a single penny but will tell them what they can or cannot do with their property. It boggels the mind that their greates asset could become their greatest liability thanks to the local LB. When they go to sell that property, do they seriously think that they will get top dollar when the prospective buyer knows that the LB has control of mineral rights, and has the right to tell them what they can or can not do with it?

Youngstownshrimp

Here you go Jay and Billy, as part of your reform training this is the fight you now must take.  You see how your support and misguided Anti Fracking demonstration was a failure, this is the real McKoy.  A fight to give land back to the people, the real citizens of Youngstown.  Billy, you complain about a job?  This is a big job and it will bring free enterprise to your soul. 
Mission: "In Your Face"
1.  We must attend the LB board meeting and be in their face.

Youngstownshrimp

This is the next fight Youngstown's remaining brains need to fight, this LandBank is obsolete before it even started.  This waste cost and has cost (Lien Forward) over $300,000 a year of taxpayers money for what?  Minerals rights now make land in the marketplace now valuable.

Towntalk

The whole trouble is that these people (and I use that term loosely) is that they want to throw away the Constitution and replace it with their own. "All rights to the people," and no rights to corporations or productive people who fail to conform to their dictum's.
So with "big business and the rich" under their thumbs, where would the money come from to pay the bills? You can bet that progress would come to a halt, the productive people would move out of the country leaving America to wither on the vine.
If you were to combine the total mental power of all the anti-progress crown you wouldn't have anything close to the capacity of a single member of "the greater generation", the men and women that turned this country into the greatest country that the world has ever seen.
If the truth were told, just how many of these anti-progress folks actually live in the city? Perhaps we should look into just where they live ... Boardman, Canfield, Struthers, Poland. We know that Susie and her old man live in the city, and feed at the public troft, but what about the others?
They want to know all the details about the land owners who have sold their mineral rights, so why shouldn't we have all the details about the anti-progress crowd ... doesn't the people's right to know work both ways?

Youngstownshrimp

It's comforting to me that there are more like us TT out there in the Burbs and rural areas.  In this urban setting, a few brainwash the urbanites with their dependency ways and the majority just follow.  With the withering away of the subsidies, a backlash is coming and the community organizers will be held accountable.

Towntalk

Some folks around here keep pressing for names of individual land owners who have sold their mineral rights, failing to realize that no company is going to release that information to the general public for any reason, so naturally we can't invent such a list out of thin air.
We've cited two examples of companies right here in Mahoning County that are benefiting from this new industry, and these companies hire workers who are getting good wages and that benefits not only Youngstown but Springfield Township as well, but obviously that is not enough for them, they want names, addresses and what they received monetarily for their mineral rights it would seem, and that is never going to happen for the very simple reason that no company releases it's customer lists for public consumption.
Does the public have a right to access that information? Absolutely no, and that is why no one can give the specific information that some people want.

Youngstownshrimp

Youngstownshrimp

TT, thank God for our new found wealth in energy, the suburbanites and farmers are gearing up to takeover Youngstown and throw the low information leaders out.  One can hear the drumbeats from the countryside to overthrow Youngstown corrupt leadership, God knows their citizens can't do it. 
I have been in more meetings about Youngstown in the Burbs than I have in Youngstown, and these taxpaying production types are coming in to correct the inept.

Towntalk

It's examples like yours that should be sending up red flags all over the place my friend, but here in Mahoning County 98% of the people take the attitude that "ignorence is bliss" until these shisters come knocking at their door ready to seize their land, and then it's too late, then it's a case of "a fool and his land are soon parted" without any recourse.
Has this power ever been tested in a court, preferably a federal court?
People like Billy don't understand why so many of us have nothing but contempt for these community organizers

Youngstownshrimp

I was in Common Pleas Court last week on four parcels that our new County Landbank tried to steal for $50 worth of back taxes.  A few months ago the Landbank and Grow Youngstown, tried to steal another parcel for $11.67 of back taxes.  And get this, in their ultimate business skills, it cost us taxpayers $1500 to foreclose.  This is the Great LandBank that the Community Organizers have given us. 
This is why it doesn't work today and is a fraud:
My company's (Ohio Land Management) push back is one shout out, "now there is a new value on Mahoning County land, MINERALS!"  and the poor are being screwed.  The Landbank is stealing land from "Estates" for pennies and not paying the people for their minerals.  Right now there is a Landbank foreclosure on a vacant lot that has.........$8 worth of tax owed on it.  Hell, I know investors who would pay the taxes and give the owners $300 for the minerals only!
The LandBank, is using their new legislation to BYPASS sheriff sales, wherein the public can bid and determine the PUREST value of the land.  With minerals now, bidders will flock and bid on land that once had practically NO value, bid up because of the minerals.  Remember, the Oil companies were paying everyone, $5K to $6K an acre just for a signing bonus to get enough land to begin their development.  I trust the COURT system will look into this Landbank CON and start having all land go to Sheriff Sale.  Of course the Landbank will no longer be needed and $300,00 per year of taxpayer funds will be saved.
BTW, Grow Youngstown never got that lot (Ohio ave.) they tried to have the Landbank foreclose on, the $11.67 was paid.  We asked Grown Youngstown, why didn't you just ask for the lot, we would have given it to you, but you went ahead and tried to steal it.