News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another Buzzfeed Article

Started by TrueDevotion, September 21, 2013, 12:22:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 21, 2013, 09:25:11 PM
I hear that this is an interesting place to visit!
http://www.wkbn.com/2013/09/21/steam-engine-celebrates-milestone/

Been there.....Almost came over with B I L...But hi family had to go shopping.....Women emergencies and all that....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

northside lurker

Thanks for the "Ugh."  I'm not even going to follow the link.  That's all they're interested in, you know.

The fact that scf_oliver's in-laws were afraid to venture through the city, just goes to show how out of balance our reputation is with reality.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Youngstownshrimp

Towntalk

Rick Rowlands

Towntalk

Given all the negative publicity that the city gets in the news media, I can understand where they are coming from.
Looking back over the years, the negative has outweighed the positive, and all you need to do is checkout the Vindicator archives at Google News to see what I mean.
I've been fortunate to have met some great people, but for the most part I shy away from strangers, I stay away from certain parts of town, and saddly miss a lot of events that I would like to attend because I would not feel comfortable.

sfc_oliver

I tried the Butler and Arms. Also the olde mill or even just a ride through the park....

B I L told me flat out they didn't trust the city much....And they live in Corpus Christi where you never know who might be in town....

Towntalk

Besides Fellows, the only places I'd want to show off are DeYor; Stambaugh Auditorium; Butler and The Mahoning Valley Historical Society. As to eateries, the only place I'd take them is Ovation.

sfc_oliver

Can't deny most of it.... My Brother in law and his family were recently visiting. I took him to the Football Hall of Fame, because he is a big Dallas fan. I named a dozen places or more that we could visit in Youngstown, the only place they wanted to see was the Riverside Gardens....

They had done some research on Youngstown and didn't care to see much of the area at all..... They preferred sitting at the table and talking more than anything else...

Towntalk

Lets be serious for just a second or two. Everyone, if they were honest, can deny that Youngstown has very serious faults. How many of you would go anywhere on the South or East side of town after dark? You can't deny that we have a serious crime problem. For every positive thing you can say about Youngstown, there are ten negatives that apply to all four sides of the city.
Everyone knows that I care about Youngstown, but I'm not going to hide my head in the sand and live out my life in denial. By the way, Youngstown isn't the only city that can be cast in a negative light, it's just an easy scapegoat, and it's been that way for the past 150 years or so.

AllanY2525

anyone want to post a rebuttal on the site, and show them all of the positive and things
about Youngstown that they are either unaware of, or have ignored?