News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Frack Free Mahoning Screwing Blacks of Youngstown!"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, April 21, 2013, 12:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Just speaking for myself, research is a business, and businesses do not give away their content. And yes, I can be very abrupt, but as a former publisher of newsletters for the broadcast industry, that was part of the business and what I was paid to do, and just because I'm retired doesn't change matters one iota. I learned my craft from the best teachers the Youngstown school system ever had. I don't know your situation, just as I don't know the situation of anyone else here, but to be perfectly honest, it's none of my business. To top it off, I am a published author, not that I am bragging, and the editor of a 10 volume history of Youngstown that required some 5 years to complete and never once asked others for help, but did it all on my own time and with my own money, and all this while holding down a full time job.
Intelligent people seeking information on an issue do not expect others to spoon feed them ... they do their own research from many sources, and with the Internet, and Google anyone can do that very thing.
Not to brag, but my all news web site is a good place to start and has hundreds of news sources from around the world.

Billy Mumphrey

I just want to see proof in the pudding. Please back up your statements with data, please.  Also, I do own land, and I am poor. I earned 92 dollars last week in the only part-time job I can find. Thank you for your mean-spirited remarks. Thank you for simply labeling me without truly  knowing me or my situation. Why must you speak so ill to people who disagree with you or just ask for clarification?

Towntalk

Thanks Ron.
BTW I just finished adding a couple of thousand songs to my library bringing the full play list to over 5000 ... almost as large as the Adult Contemporary/Easy Listening library at a radio station, and brought my OTR library up to 6000 shows and barely scratched the surface of my backup hard drive.

Youngstownshrimp

"You go girl!"
Tell Billy how it is.  Billy is one of the few who will never allow himself to be convinced by facts.  He is programmed to defy all logic and facts concerning the new hi tech energy development.  Most likely, he has no land to speak of.  American Capitalism to him is what is the downfall of America.  Successful people are greedy and must be stripped of their wealth and redistribution to all mankind is the answer to what is wrong with our society.  He claims to back the poor of Youngstown, but does not socialize with any of them and he most likely has some sort of revenue for survival not based on any production on his part.  All in my humble opinion.

Towntalk

V&M STAR STEEL AND ITS EMPLOYEES.
Gas processing plant dedicated
http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/594958/Gas-processing-plant-dedicated.html?nav=5358
Note to Bobby: Springfield Township is in Mahoning County.
Yes, I am yelling, because I'm sick and tired of dealing with people who keep expecting others to do their work.
The Vindicator has a dedecated board about fracking on it's web site as does WKBN radio.
Now go and do YOUR OWN homework ON YOUR OWN ... We've given you the web sites to go to, so unless you are prepared to pay for our time, don't expect us to do it for free!

Billy Mumphrey

I am just asking for some specific evidence of proof. I keep hearing of all the money that is falling in our laps. Has anybody really seen it?

Towntalk

Try this one Billy ..."Never kick a fresh t**d on a hot day." ... "If you can't convince them, confuse them." ... "It's ignorance that causes most mistakes."

Billy Mumphrey

As Harry Truman said back in the day, "Prove it, I'm from Missouri." 

Youngstownshrimp

I was with Treasurer Yemma and Prosecutor Michaels last week, ask them, they know and see property values going up because of minerals.  Infact, in court Magistrate Sarisky expressed cognizance about minerals adding value to property.  The discussion was that it would be expensive to purchase a report of minerals relative to foreclosures.  Bottom line a defendent in a Landbank foreclosure filed a motion complaining that mineral value was not addressed when valuing a parcel in foreclosure. Rather than a forefeiture as the new Landbank legislation inacted, land must now go to sheriff sale due to interest in minerals, if the court follows due process.
So Mr. Billy, there you have it, valuation at its truest and purest point, in court.

Towntalk

You know ****** well that we're still in the opening phase but might I remind you of V&M spending huge sums of money to enlarge their plant here, and both the city and local schools ARE benefiting from it. Significant turnarounds DON'T happen over night. It takes time, as anyone with a scintilla of knowledge should know. (Provided they haven't planted their heads so deeply into the sand that they can't hear or see the future.)
Will Youngstown become another Dallis? No, but we'll be a ****** site better off than we are right here and right now.
Now, how about you doing a little more research on your own ... the Vindicator has much information about the issue, and other members here can direct you to the proper web site too help in your education I'm sure. As for me, I enjoy debates, but I have little patience with people who come into the debate without doing their homework. Turn that curiosity into a fact based argument and we'll debate, but until then I've more important things to do than to spent my time trying to educate someone who won't do their homework.

Billy Mumphrey

Just curious, can anyone cite specific numbers or sources that fracking the valley has resulted in property values going up? That schools are getting more money?How many people in Youngstown has secured good paying jobs due to fracking? Can someone give specific, credible numbers that poor people have benefited from fracking? Thank you.

Towntalk

When the best interest of every Youngstowner their future and their children's future is at stake, NO!
If the anti-fracking crowd gets their way ... property values will keep spiraling down ... schools will get less money ... desperately needed jobs will not happen ... Youngstown's population will continue to decline as more people will move to where the jobs are ... with the absence of good paying jobs the city's ability to continue to offer us services will decline and become unsustainable ... all these negatives will impact all of us regardless of race, but the greatest impact will be felt by poverty level folks and our senior citizens who are not in a position to move to other parts of the state or country where the jobs are.

Billy Mumphrey

"Screwing Blacks in Youngstown?" Why must we still play the race card in the 21st century? Can't we all just get along?

Youngstownshrimp

The ex Hippies are at it again to take away the rights of all Youngstowners to governed their own mineral rights. 
Biersdorfer and her ILK believe WE are not smart enough to manage our own property.  They want to manage it for us while the SUBURBS are able to market theirs. 

VOTE NO!   To Biersdorfer, Hagan, and the ex Hippies taking away the poor of Youngstown's rights to govern their own property.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, I could not have said it better.
Kennyjoe, out of curiosity what do you do to help wasting energy and leaving a large footprint?  Are your rentals energy efficient?  Your fascination with solar, are your units harboring this technology?  Do you drive a gas gussler?