News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bring A Quarter When You Go Grocery Shopping

Started by jay, February 27, 2013, 04:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Some people are so lazy that I'll bet they won't bring the shopping carts back into the store to redeem the quarter deposit.

This might be a good time for some enterprising youngsters to return the shopping carts to the store and earn a quarter for each.

iwasthere

the one on midlothian where i shop does not seem to have that problem with it customers. the carts are in the outside storage bins with a few stragglers but the other carts are in the lobby entrance of the store.

Billy Mumphrey

I believe Aldi's also makes you deposit a quarter to use a cart. It's amazing that a quarter is all that is needed to stop buggy thieves.

Towntalk

Save-A-Lot use to have that policy, but no longer ... at least not the Union Square store.

Since these smaller stores do not have people to chase down the buggies and bring them back into the store, this is a way of encouraging customers to bring the buggies back into the store.

Save-A-Lot also use to make customers bag their own groceries either bringing in their own bags, or either putting them in empty boxes that were kept near the check out or buying bags.

jay

An Inconvenience

I've heard that the "Flying Pig Store" is now charging 25 cents to access the locked-up shopping carts.  Supposedly you will get your 25 cents back when you return the shopping cart.  So make sure you bring a quarter the next time you shop there or you will have to carry everything in your hands.