News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Youngstown Now Has A Spanish Radio Station

Started by irishbobcat, October 13, 2012, 01:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

In a Google search this evening it said that the FCC did approve the sale ... now the question comes down to ratings plus ad sales. Can the new owners sustain a Spanish format over the long haul? If it were a non-profit station that would be one thing but the station is a commercial operation, and it needs sponsors, and sponsors will not fork out their ad dollars on a station that is on the bottom of the rating sheets. Next, the station buys news content from CBS Radio. With the format change, how will that affect their dealings with CBS Radio?

irishbobcat

Well, the Spanish music was flowing on Saturday and Monday....don't know what happened today...

Towntalk

Before the new owners can come in and make the changes the FCC has to approve the sale. Does anyone know if this has happened yet? FCC clearance is manditory.

irishbobcat

I tuned in 1540AM this afternoon on the ride home and they were playing classic country music again...
Maybe somebody pushed the wrong button on the computer or the check bounced....

irishbobcat

I guess Louie does take Mondays off....must need to feed the rabbits in the morning....

jay

The Louie Free Show is on the radio today, Tuesday, October 16.  He has not mentioned anything about the station's change in ownership.

irishbobcat

Louie is like an old tom cat....he always lands on his feet and at some radio station....

Towntalk

The great Louie Free mystery ... Louie ... Louie ... whereforth art thou Louie?  :P ;D :laugh: :laugh: :P

irishbobcat

Does Louie take Mondays off? I was on his web-site and it seems he never lists the program guests for any previous Mondays over the last several months....maybe he only works Tuesdays through Fridays?

jay

I tuned in the station at 8:25 a.m. today and the Louie Free Show was not on.

irishbobcat

I think it's coming from a computer or national feed....not live and local....

jay

Is the Spanish music a national feed or is there a local DJ?

irishbobcat

Just found out that WYCL.....1540am...is now programming Spanish music all day.....this is the station Louie Free is on....
Will Louie's show stay on now that there are new owners at WYCL?