News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Occupy Youngstown Revisited

Started by Towntalk, August 02, 2012, 09:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

For the same reason we take your posts serious my friend.

irishbobcat

Jay posts a tongue-in-cheek photo and comment and people get their undies in an uproar.....

please......why do we have to take everything so serious 24/7?

iwasthere

rr are you saying that you have no problem with oy tent for informational purpose 24/7 aslong as someone was there to man the tent?

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on August 03, 2012, 09:00:58 AM
I sincerely hope that you are not serious Jay because your last post has a tinge of bigotry about it.

Maby to please the pro-Occupy Youngstown crowd the city should ban any and all festivals: parties; parades etc including Christmas and New Years. Send them all to Boardman.
why not send them to the subs. ytown leaders chased the st pat parade to boardman ts in which the ts welcome the irish with open arms. the city inspectors at the last minute shook down the slavic committee for permits that were not necessary. if i were the city mayor i would want to know why the city inspectors shook down this festval committee the day before their event. the mayor should find out who was not doing their job.

Rick Rowlands

The Italian Festival is something that people come to have a good time at.  Who really can say that any of the Occupy protests are places where you can have an enjoyable experience?   Also, this tent is not for living in, OY wants to use their tent as living quarters.  Third, this tent will be gone by the end of the festival on Sunday.  OY wants to have an open ended arrangement and keep their tent in the square I guess forever.    Now if OY would apply for a permit, give a definite start and end date and does not use their tent as living quarters I am sure the City would be forced to oblige.  But we all know that the Occupy movement is not about following the rules, it is about mob rule.

Towntalk

I sincerely hope that you are not serious Jay because your last post has a tinge of bigotry about it.

Maby to please the pro-Occupy Youngstown crowd the city should ban any and all festivals: parties; parades etc including Christmas and New Years. Send them all to Boardman.

jay

This tent IS part of the Italian Festival.

FYI
Every corner of Central Square has now been taken over by the Italian Occupation.

Towntalk

1. Who put the tent  there?

2. What was the purpose of the tent?

3. Are you objecting to anyone putting a tent there regardless of the purpose?

4. Will you object to any and all tents there until OY is allowed to come back, including festivals, and Party on the Plaza.

5. Italian Fest is coming ... do you object to them setting up tents there?

http://www.youngstownitalianfest.org/?p=355

jay

This photo was taken today on the southwest corner of Central Square, the same corner Occupy Youngstown was forced to vacate.  The tent is much larger.

I quess it's a case of who you are or who you know.

Rick Rowlands

What is the point of OY?  Is there a message they are trying to get across?

Towntalk

QUESTION:

All the fees for court action doesn't come cheap even if Occupy Youngstown has a lawyer who is working on the cheap, so who is financing Occupy Youingstown by paying all the court fees?

sfc_oliver

You think? They could only get 12 people there the night they thought the tent would be taken. On veterans day there were no more than 5 of them there.....Same thing the day we had the laying of the Roses....5 Occupiers. I know that as fact. I even have a pic of them. They did not have what I would call a strong presence after the first day. And I doubt they had more than 75 people then...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

oy did have strong presence on the sq until their tent was taken away.

sfc_oliver

I have to wonder what this reporters idea of a strong presence is....

Most days Occupy was on the square they had 3 to 6 people and rarely did you see more than 10 or 12......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>