News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Holes Drilled Into Phelps Street

Started by jay, May 04, 2012, 09:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyndz

Thank you Kenneyjoe! I honestly think the damage took place in March sometime, you know what....maybe they didn't take the fences down this year, I just remembered there was pretty much no snow a all. Either way I will let you know once I hear something.

kenneyjoe330

Thank You Lyndz - - - As long as you are asking him questions you may, just for curiosity, ask him why the fence was "reinstalled" for the summer with parts missing and looking so bad - it doesn't make sense to "reinstall" a fence that needs repair.  Thanks again for helping make Youngstown a nicer place  :)

Lyndz

I'm not sure exactly when the damage took place, i know the one near imbibe is looking really rough. I will say something to the owner of the fence, see if and when he will be repairing it.

iwasthere

Quote from: kenneyjoe330 on May 24, 2012, 08:20:18 PM
Oh my, PLEASE, excuse me - I don't quite remember THAT ! ! !  Sorry I have been having MORE than my share of Senior moments lately  :laugh:
Could you then explain to me why they were "reinstalled" this year with parts missing and/or bent and broken ?  Why would anyone "reinstall" a broken fence ?
because it's ytown and the ward rep for ytown downtown is blind to ytown downtown problems.

kenneyjoe330

Oh my, PLEASE, excuse me - I don't quite remember THAT ! ! !  Sorry I have been having MORE than my share of Senior moments lately  :laugh:
Could you then explain to me why they were "reinstalled" this year with parts missing and/or bent and broken ?  Why would anyone "reinstall" a broken fence ? ? ?  ???

Lyndz

the fences are removed in the winter.

kenneyjoe330

Speaking of drilling holes - has anyone ever thought about drilling holes for the "fences" around the "oh sooo European Establishments" so that the "posts" can be put in the hole and then the "fences" could be removed for the WINTER months???  The holes can be capped/sanded in for easy replacement in the Spring.  It is probably WAY TOO MUCH to ask a Struggling BUSINESS to relinquish it's claim to GENERAL PUBLIC SPACE - even in the name of safety and/or convenience ! ! !

jay

Lyndz

since the incident at Wing Fest last year I have been telling the tent people to stake the tents and patch the holes after the event.

jay

A large tent has been erected on North Phelps Street for Cinco de Mayo.  I noticed that holes were drilled into the street for the metal stakes of the tent support ropes.  Did the tent company get permission to drill holes in the street? 

???