News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Vote for Second Harvest- Walmart Fighting Hunger

Started by ForumManager, April 19, 2012, 06:15:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Hahaha!! iwasthere would somehow punish Walmart for so called unethical practices by denying his neighbors the helping hand they desperately need.  Liberal thought processes are so damn funny. I am breathless with anticipation every day for the next Liberal gem of irrational thought.  iwasthere, you win top prize for the thought of the day!

kenneyjoe330

Don't forget all the Mom and Pop business they put under ACCROSS THE CONTRY

iwasthere

i refused to compromise my ethics by voting in this grabbing for brd crumbs. a million dollars can feed alot of people but folks remember walmart put out millions of people in the unemployment lines due to their unethical business practices towards thier supplier aka tupperware, craftsman, etch a sctech the list is numerous. a million dollars is a drop in bucket for this greedy unethical corp. sam walton is rolling in his  grave a we speak due to the walmart's unethical board members decisions towards their suppliers.

Mary_Krupa

I have mixed feelings about Walmart but heck, we can use the money, they should be sharing the wealth, anyway.  That being said, it is good to see that the Youngstown area is a WINNER. This is a feel good, positive moment.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

sfc_oliver

Quote from: Mary_Krupa on May 01, 2012, 06:49:23 PM
wow, I can't believe it!!!

I believe it, a lot of people were pushing for it......
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Mary_Krupa

Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

sfc_oliver

Towntalk

WKBN - TV 27 UPDATE

Valley in First Place in $1M WalMart Fight Hunger Contest

The Youngstown-Warren area is in first place in the race to win $1 million in the WalMart Fight Hunger Together Facebook campaign.

Since April 8, the Valley has been competing against 199 other communities across the country on WalMart's Facebook page. The winner will get $1 million to help fight hunger, while 20 other communities in the top 20 will receive $50,000 each.

As of Friday, the Youngstown-Warren area had roughly 37,500 votes and was in first place in the contest. In second place was Johnson City in Tennessee, which had roughly 36,000.

If the Mahoning Valley wins the contest, the Second Harvest Food Bank likely would get the bulk of the funds, but other agencies such as Catholic Charities also would get a share of the money. Second Harvest supplies many of the local social service agencies and church food pantries in Mahoning, Trumbull and Columbiana counties.

"The Mahoning Valley, and the people who have gone on and voted and shared the message have gotten it out to their friends and family across the country," said Rita Brady, of the Second Harvest Food Bank. "We've even been told people over in Europe are voting for us. That's what it takes. Everyone in the Valley pulling together."

Voting runs through April 30. There is no cost to vote, but only one vote can be submitted per person per day.

"This community is absolutely wonderful when it comes to caring about their neighbors and providing food," said Brady. "So we're just so appreciative and just want them to keep voting."

To vote for the Youngstown-Warren area, click
here and follow the prompts.

sfc_oliver

I've voted twice now and have it posted on My Face book.......

ForumManager

Thanks sfc_oliver!

Second place today only 2500 votes behind the leader... let's keep it going!

We can vote once a day.

sfc_oliver

ForumManager

Second Harvest is currently in 3rd place... you can vote once a day!

ForumManager

You'll need a facebook account to participate.
Voting Ends April 30
You can vote once ever 24 hrs.
Second Harvest can get a 1 million dollar donations.
As of today Second Harvest is in 6th place nationwide.

Here's the link to the app on facebook:
http://apps.facebook.com/walmartfighthunger/

Here's the link to the leaderboard to vote easily:
http://apps.facebook.com/walmartfighthunger/leaderboard?code=AQDbLc0gQGOaV3lWqj0FIpWeNFhX9txg9JOmyFqheqjT9YxiDJ24qZq_xkN6HO5Hl1PR9ugLDUYzmCMjq1DkT6GkWQ42OflfnFf6hc2aUPekN19m1gaDMYRgrLLXrIXRmAE5wAmLue8jRVY4o81BWN2ZicXYNflF61AhSPib8nMCxuU7FGjTfPw-sKTVBUKM2iU#_=_