News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Helping Hand For Youngstown

Started by jay, June 28, 2011, 06:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the new super in the ytown schools can see this as one part of the ytown stds community services to the community.

Rick Rowlands

Whytown raiseas a good question.  Why were a bunch of kids bussed in from across the eastern US when we have lazy parasites right here in this town who should be helping out their fellow citizen.  Dennis should be demanding that these people "help" and not just sit on their rears and live off the productivity of others.

AllanY2525

Hats off to these young, highly motivated and compassionate individuals...

iwasthere

i am glad that you cleared that up with me. i am not the one that spread rumors. :o

Why?Town

Just to be clear, I have no problem with what they are doing.

iwasthere

Quote from: Why?Town on June 28, 2011, 08:25:40 PM
I don't understand this.

It's not like we are some third world country lacking the skills and supplies to fix up our own neighborhoods. We just lack enough people with the initiative to get off their asses and do something. These kids could be somewhere building a much needed medical clinic or something somewhere.
at least these young adults are willing to assist the elderly during their twight days in ther lives.

jay

The TV coverage showed some of these young people painting the home of an eldely person who couldn't paint or afford to paint their own home.  I'm glad this program is helping residents of Youngstown.

Why?Town

I don't understand this.

It's not like we are some third world country lacking the skills and supplies to fix up our own neighborhoods. We just lack enough people with the initiative to get off their asses and do something. These kids could be somewhere building a much needed medical clinic or something somewhere.

jay

Three hundred seventy-five students from across the eastern U.S. are in town this week to help fix and paint homes in the city of Youngstown.  The students are part of the MillCreek Group WorkCamp and are being housed and fed at Chaney High School.  I'm thankful that these young people came to our city to lend a helping hand.