News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Boarding Vacant Houses

Started by jay, December 05, 2009, 08:17:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woozle

Quote from: stewie on December 06, 2009, 10:28:58 PM
Hey hey calm down.  I'm taking that as a no.

Do I need a permit to be a moron? Where would I get this moron permit?

You can pick one up at the Vindy board.. Stewie.. ;D

Rick Rowlands

Then you take me wrong.  Its included in the permit for the building.   

stewie

Hey hey calm down.  I'm taking that as a no.

Do I need a permit to be a moron? Where would I get this moron permit?

Rick Rowlands

Who are you? The permit police? 

Do you have a permit to be a moron?

stewie

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on December 05, 2009, 02:51:42 PM
Too bad I missed it! :(   A friend offered to build a fence gate for the rear entrance to the Tod Engine property, but only if I could do it today.  So while you were oarding windows we were welding tubing.  All the same task though, security.

The next time I can bring my generator and saws and we can cut plywood right there on site.  I have a 20' extension ladder as well.

Rick,
You did get a permit for that fence right?

Youngstownshrimp

Rusty, I'm scratching my head.

What building code violations have been filed and are current against Mr. Van Sickle?

Building code violations are not in "Rem" , they are in "persona" , meaning they do go against the property owner.  You shouldn't believe everything you read.

irishbobcat

Green Party members were out on Saturday morning participating in the boarding and raking leaves at the vacant houses on the North Side...

Youngstownshrimp

Nice clean up job, I drove by on my way from looking at 139 Park and 1000 Bryson for deconstruction.  I couldn't make it also, I was on the backhoe digging up stumps, then I had to set up a PA system for the lighting of Poland Village.

With due respect so no one gets mad here, wouldn't it be more cost effective if we were to order the City building department to cite the owner for numerous code violations?  We know where this owner is and citations pressure the owner to rectify very quickly.

Rick Rowlands

Too bad I missed it! :(   A friend offered to build a fence gate for the rear entrance to the Tod Engine property, but only if I could do it today.  So while you were oarding windows we were welding tubing.  All the same task though, security.

The next time I can bring my generator and saws and we can cut plywood right there on site.  I have a 20' extension ladder as well. 

AllanY2525

and a couple more...

I want to express my thanks to everyone that showed up to help..today
we all became members of "The doers club".  Jim Converse of Resettle Youngstown
has given me a list of plywood pieces that need to be cut for boarding windows, etc.

I'll try and get some of them cut to measure tomorrow, weather permitting.

AllanY2525

Here are a couple more photos that I took at the Van Sickle property today...

jay

This was the objective today.  This former mansion is on the north side of Broadway just across from Wick Park.  After the boarding, a group of volunteers, including several members of this Forum, began to tackle the front yard.  Leaves were raked, limbs and trash picked up, and the grass was cut.

About twenty volunteers helped today.  If anyone else took photos , please post a few.

Youngstownshrimp

"Attention!!!!"

Temple Nevel on Elm St. is to begin DECONSTRUCTION on 1000 Bryson and 139 Park, both structures are surrounding Wick Park.  The good congregation of Temple Nevel is to provide volunteers and recycle sandstone foundation, various lumber, fixtures and hardware.  Any interested volunteers from the community are invited to recycle all material and make this green project cost effective.

Interested individuals who want to join the "Doer's Club" contact Ron or Rick at 330 788 8009.

*Those of the old "Do Nothing Party" need not waste productive time.

jay

Saturday, December 5

Volunteers will be assessing the need to board vacant homes in the Wick Park area later this morning.