News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Another arson on Pennsylvania Avenue this morning...

Started by AllanY2525, November 29, 2009, 03:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfdgricker

I sure am. I have to work Thu, Fri and Sat in Warren. How about Sunday?

AllanY2525

yfdgricker,

I've burned you a DVD with the raw footage of the fire on Pennsylvania Ave, and the photos, etc
if you are still interested.  The video is in raw Windows AVI format (plays with Media Player).

Let me know if you are still interested in the images, and we can set up a time for you to come
and pick up the DVD.

:)

AllanY2525

We discussed the adopt a house program at the Wick Park arson meeting a while ago.
Simply boarding a house up "one time" is not enough.  Neighborhood patrols need to
check on vacant/boarded properties - frequently - and either report them or board them
up again when they are broken into.

The former mansion on Park Avenue would go for weeks at a time open to whoever
wanted to go in the place, because no one checked on the place often enough after
it was boarded up the first couple of times....

iwasthere

maybe treespleeze can donate some trees to start a neighborhood garden settings.

AllanY2525

This is what the site of the fire looked like two days later, when I drove by it
again....I'll have to give the city credit - they wasted no time in back filling
the basement cavity and smoothing over the lot with some topsoil.

iwasthere

i think the wean foundation has grant monies for this type of project.

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on December 01, 2009, 02:03:02 PM
Probably should have organized the boarding up party a bit sooner?

Last summer, it was boarded up.  All of the houses I toured on Pennsylvania were boarded up then.  That's why the "adopt a house" idea is probably more important, to keep the vacant houses secure.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Probably should have organized the boarding up party a bit sooner?

iwasthere

yfdgricker

I too have been driving a little more around the Pennsylvania and Ohio neighborhoods and some of the surrounding streets lately so I'm in the same boat with you guys. Alvin's probably looking for me too! :)

JHughes330

Don't worry Westsider, I'd been lurking around that house days before the arson. I loved that house and I loved caring for that house. The history on it was amazing. It's such a shame.
"For All We Take We Must Pay, But The Price Is Cruel High..."  Rudyard Kipling

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on November 30, 2009, 01:30:56 PM
Before the meeting I drove around the neighborhood familiarizing myself with the area.  I saw this house and wondered how long before it was torched.  A couple of frat boys were sitting on the front porch of the frat house next door, probably wondering why I was driving around so slow and looking at that house.

I'm probably a suspect now! :)

I was walking around the Wick Park area and taking pictures the same evening 259 Park burned down.  If I'm a suspect on that one, no one has told me yet. ;)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Before the meeting I drove around the neighborhood familiarizing myself with the area.  I saw this house and wondered how long before it was torched.  A couple of frat boys were sitting on the front porch of the frat house next door, probably wondering why I was driving around so slow and looking at that house.

I'm probably a suspect now! :)

AllanY2525

Well,

I went to the Unitarian Church when they had the neighborhood
meeting about the Wick Park area arsons of late... guess we can
chalk up another one...

Oh yeah, YFD's  Alvin Ware was at the meeting...

iwasthere

allan stranger things have happen in this valley when it comes to these mysterious fires. is the council rep on the fire dept arsonist investigator in solving these fires?