News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Park Avenue Home

Started by jay, April 12, 2008, 06:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I heard discussion last night that the stonework from a house that recently burned will be salvaged and possibly used in the landscaping of a potential park at the intersection of Wick and Logan.

I thought they might have been talking about this house. :(
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

This home burned to the ground on Tuesday, October 20, 2009.
Arson is suspected.

:'(

jay

FYI

The next house heading east is for sale.

northside lurker

Quote from: jay on April 14, 2008, 03:52:22 PM
To discourage additional vandalism to this house, the high shrubs in front should be cut down.
Absolutely!  And, you'd be able to see the architectural detail better.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

To discourage additional vandalism to this house, the high shrubs in front should be cut down.

northside lurker

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on April 13, 2008, 10:51:33 PM
I read on 44503live that this house is scheduled for demolition?!?!?!
I read that too.  But I think you could still save it... I just don't know what the process is.  Maybe you could call Anthony Kobak, and he could tell you if it's possible to save this house, and where to start.
--Thomas Edison

Elmo-Ytown

I read on 44503live that this house is scheduled for demolition?!?!?!

northside lurker

Quote from: Elmo-Ytown on April 12, 2008, 08:27:36 PM
My wife and I have been out to look at this house a few times this year, and would love to own and renovate it, however I can't find out much about it other than it is owned by Robert VanSickle??
I assume you've seen the problems near Wick Park thread?  The following linked post gives lots of information about this house.
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=3729.msg10001#msg10001
--Thomas Edison

jay

This is the view of the upper portion of the east side of the house.

Elmo-Ytown

My wife and I have been out to look at this house a few times this year, and would love to own and renovate it, however I can't find out much about it other than it is owned by Robert VanSickle??

Also, I only looked briefly, but I thought those were gas pipes for gas lighting?? Could have been wrong.

The long ramp connecting to the back door supports the nursing home idea, as there are no ground level doors for wheelchairs.

Glenna

This could have been the old Park Ave Nursing Home. I lived down the street and I think it was a nursing home. This would have been in the late 70's. I think Mr. VAN SICKLE also had or has  a nursing or group home of some sort on Illinois Ave. It is just around the corner from Park Ave.

jay

This is the home on Park Avenue.  I noticed that pipes for a sprinkler system were under the front porch roof.  Was the home ever more than a single family dwelling?