News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

For Towntalk... seeking old postcard

Started by AllanY2525, August 06, 2015, 05:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: Towntalk on August 09, 2015, 09:38:48 AM
I tried doing some searches but drew a blank ... everything but what I was looking for ... I hate Google and Yahoo searches because they give you tons of hits that do not evenmatch what you're looking for. I tried eBay but drew a blank also.

That's because the descriptions are missing for many of these on their web pages, ie: text describing what's in the
postcards instead of just an image... ugghhh

Towntalk

I tried doing some searches but drew a blank ... everything but what I was looking for ... I hate Google and Yahoo searches because they give you tons of hits that do not evenmatch what you're looking for. I tried eBay but drew a blank also.

Towntalk

Indeed-d-do yes it is the very one indeed-d-do.

AllanY2525

This is the postcard you are talking about, ie: Park Avenue entrance across
from the Renner Mansion....

Towntalk

Both postcards were as viewed from Elm Street. One PC view was North on Elm and there was a streetcar shown; the other was facing west at Rlm and Park. There was also a third PC view of Park Ave. showing the entrance to Wick Park which put it half way up Park going toward Fifth Avenue just aacross the street from the Renner mansion, but not showing the mansion..

AllanY2525

There was another postcard that showed Broadway Ave from Fifth Ave looking East
towards Elm Street - Wick Park was on the right side of the street in the photo.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Nicholas Serra on August 07, 2015, 01:02:30 PM
Not sure if this is the broadway one you had in mind. Also have this wick one. I can get you some scans later if you'd like. These are just iPhone shots.

Broadway

Wick

I'm assuming that this photo shows Broadway looking towards the West, since Wick Park is
not in the photo.  This would mean that the stone mansion in the phone is where Park Vista
building stands today.   

Northwest corner of Broadway and Fifth Ave (?)

photo.

Nicholas Serra

Cool. Welcome. I'll post better versions later when I dust off my scanner.

Towntalk

Towntalk

WOW thanks, I didn't have either in my archives. If you have more post cards, please feel free to post them on our Youngstown Memories thread, and thank you.

Nicholas Serra

Not sure if this is the broadway one you had in mind. Also have this wick one. I can get you some scans later if you'd like. These are just iPhone shots.

Broadway

Wick

AllanY2525

Towntalk

In the search through my archives, I couldn't find the two postcards you seek. I know I had a Wick Park set and an Elm Street set that I had posted on my old Webshots site, but when they made the changes and I tried to save all the pictures that I had I missed several sets and didn't have backups of all my sets so they were lost. Sorry.

Towntalk

I shall go through my library of 200 cd's in search of the two postcards thou seekest for as strange as it might seem to those who knoweth me not, yea even total strangers, I know precisely what you seeketh.

AllanY2525

Towntalk, my friend... O' keeper of the master archives of the city of
Youngstown, I am looking for an old postcard that shows the intersection
of Elm Street and Park Avenue by Wick park.

I used to have it but cannot find it now in my own collection.  The postcard
shows what the two houses at Park Avenue and Elm Street used to look like
before those GOD AWFUL looking apartments were built onto the front of
each of them.

Do you think you could look into your vast historical collection and see if
you have this one?   There was another one of Broadway Ave that showed
Charles Owsley's residence too, but can't seem to find that one either.

:)