News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Childrens Museum moving

Started by Towntalk, November 23, 2009, 06:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the subs are no longer dry poland, boardman and canfield have eateries that are filled with bartenders that drag in little kids to swig their whiskey and swing with their women to fast toe tapping hot jazz numbers. :'(

Towntalk

My goodness ... would you have preferred that they moved the facility to Boardman?

This nit-picking is rediculous.

The Museum chose a great location, and I applaud them.

As for the saloons ... I'm sure that the bartenders aren't going to drag little kids into their establishments to swill booze.

And don't you think that the kids have at one time or another seen a saloon?

My heavens, there are saloons on every side of town, and every supermarket peddles booze, and many of the fine restraunts that this web site promotes ... peddle booze.

Why?Town

What's the difference? The kids shouldn't be able the difference between a bar and a restaurant or most other businesses from the outside and I seriously doubt that the museum will be open late into the evening hours when there is more likelyhood of drunken idiots hanging around causing trouble.

And on a similar note: Why are there laws keeping bars and liquor stores away from churches? I'd think that seeing a church on the way to get drunk might make some think twice, and if seeing a bar on your way to church makes you think twice, well..... ::)

jay

On the radio this morning, some people expressed their concern that the new location for the children's museum is too close to bars along West Federal Street.

Will the front of the museum face Central Square or West Federal?

Lynds

iwasthere

this move will add more foot traffic in that area a big help to the eateries that are now in existance in the downtown. suzanne deserves a round applause keeping this museum downtown instead of moving it to the subs.

Towntalk

The Childrens Museum will be moving from its East Boardman location to the McCroy Building on the Square.

More to come