News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

???Where Is Our Tree City Tree???

Started by jay, March 18, 2009, 06:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

where are those tree huggers when you need them ;D

rusty river

iwasthere

the tree will be safe until some developer(s) see its future in another place and time during the tree's life-time on earth.

Rick Rowlands

I cannot tell a lie!  I liberated the tree to a place out in the country where it can live to a ripe old age in the company of its own kind.   :laugh:

Towntalk

Phooey and I had some great music to go with a movie about the tree.

john r. swierz

Hot off the press!  In a interview with a high level official from the Park dept.  I was told that the
        tree had trouble staying up on its own. Several attempts were made to stake it , but they failed
        and the tree was removed.  It is uncertain whether another tree with be planted this spring. This
        will be my final report on the missing tree  at city hall.

iwasthere

sfc, the guilty always talks first.

sfc_oliver

<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

COMING SOON

TO A THEATER NEAR YOU

The Great Tree Caper

Starring I. M. Tree

john r. swierz

I talked to Roger today and he stated that it was damaged, but that he did not remove it.  I will now move on to Park & Rec

iwasthere

mayor j had it removed due to the residency requirement. the planted tree did not have family roots in the city but in the suburbs and wanted Aqua Water instead of ytown's water.

Rick Rowlands

Trees clutter up already crowded city streets.  Plant them away from the downtown area where they can grow and not get run down by construction vehicles.

john r. swierz

I must apologize, I said that would check and I forgot. Monday I will tie a string on my finger to remind me to ask Roger

rusty river

I spoke with Anthony Kobak about this and he seemed to recall that it was hit by a construction vehicle. I guess the tree was removed because it was damaged, although he was surprised to learn that it was completely gone...

john r. swierz

I will check with Roger at city hall on Monday.