News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Starbuck's to come to downtown

Started by Towntalk, March 21, 2008, 10:41:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

This is a very exciting story if it bears fruit. Let's hope everyone keeps their fingers crossed and this works out. I drove by the Davis Building and the first floor windows looked to be extra large for a store/cafe perhaps... So I'm sure something along Starbucks, if not Starbucks itself, will arrive there by summer.

Defend Youngstown

At this time, I have limited information regarding any firm developments/negotiations w/ Starbucks (downtown). I have a meeting with Sharon Woodberry (Econ Development Director) Tues at 10am and hope to have more to bring to the table at that time. Thanks guys.

DEFEND,
Phil

Jaime Hughes

I would assume that the starbucks is going to be in either the John R Davis building ( there had been talk that they wanted to get a coffee shop or panera type deal) on the first floor, or it could be the old bean counter location since there is no hope there.

ytowner

I got a response from Phil. Right now I don't feel like I should post it because quite frankly I do not know if I am at liberty too.

Regardless: I can assure you talks were/are ongoing with Starbucks and a first floor renovated building in downtown.

ForumManager

ditto - ask Phil.
Locally Starbucks is currently in Austintown  at the 46 Niles exit on 80 and in Niles near the mall.
Are there any others?

ytowner

I'm very confused by your email. He simply mentioned the current locations of Starbucks did he not?

And so who told him we would be getting one downtown. Mr. Phil Kidd would be the one to ask!

Phone Numbers: 742.8710 or 519.8712.

Towntalk

Response from Dan Rivers:

"One on Elm Road, one on 224 and West Blvd.
Downtown, not sure but I would think the "Bean Counter" might be a good guess.
Starbuck workers told me they were moving downtown."

News like this we've heard before and as you all know things fell through, so all I can say is hold your breath. BUT, if a Starbuck employee told Rivers that they were being moved downtown, who should know better?

If anyone wants to double-check this news, Dan got the news from Starbuck employees in te Eastwood Mall.

Oldmill

Interesting ! An overpriced coffee shop will cure all Y-towns problems. I hope the prospective employees keep their eyes on the tip jar.

ytowner

Can anyone confirm this?
JAY-MANAGER-PHIL?

Towntalk

From what Mr. Rivers said, three Starbucks will be opened with one downtown. I can't remember where he said the other two will be located, but I agree with you that if it's true, that not only will we have a major coffee shop downtown, but hopefully it will provide internet access like it has elsewhere. I just sent Dan an email for further details and will let everyone know what he says.

ytowner

This may be the biggest news for downtown in sometime!
Honestly, a national chain coffee shop is going into our downtown. Let's hope if they succeed, other national restaurants will join them!

penguinnick

You know you've made it big when a Starbucks moves into the neighborhood!  :D :D   Downtown is now in the bigtime!! :)

Towntalk

Heard on Dan River Show:

Starbucks is to locate a shop in downtown Youngstown.