News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Late Night Slices

Started by jay, February 29, 2008, 05:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Quotebut there is no way in h*** that garlic filled pizza

You had me at garlic filled - now I must try it.

and speaking as a half Italian - some of the  places you've  outlined are very Americanized.
One of them had wonderful pizza in early 70s and  has changed their recipe  over the years to be nothing like the original that was probably made by  mama and papa before franchising. Still good but not the same. 

Pizza is an individual preference. There are many diverse versions just in our small town and that allows each one of the restaurants to be successful with their own following.

Defend Youngstown

Rusy River:

Without giving away too much, you may get your wish regarding late night Panini's....stay tuned....

Janko

Ytown News and Views:

what does someone's ethnic background have to do with their capacity to taste food, or their ability to form opinions?

folks, this is the type of rhetoric we all need to reject. the language of division.

why even talk like this? you've taken a very sensible discussion about pizza and turned it into a pissing contest.

The same people you are accusing on this message board, I know for a fact, have Italian ancenstry, and even speak Italian. And in Italy, most of the pizza you'll find in that country, from region to region, is very often different from Americanized pizza.

Why can't we all have different tastes without being chastized for them? good grief.

Ytown News and Views:

please share your belief system without ripping down others or their businesses on this message board.

keep up the good work on the airport blog.

ytowner

Quote from: cb1 on March 02, 2008, 10:15:18 PM
I'm formerly from the area and am now 1,000 miles away and I agree that nothing compares to the pizza up there. I can't wait to get up there this summer to taste it again. Just a question, I used to go to Inner Circle while at YSU and liked it. Is the Inner Circle in Poland-Boardman just as good?  Thanks in advance for any advice.
Austintown is my favorite one. Niles one is a different owner I believe. Not sure about the one out on 224.

cb1

I'm formerly from the area and am now 1,000 miles away and I agree that nothing compares to the pizza up there. I can't wait to get up there this summer to taste it again. Just a question, I used to go to Inner Circle while at YSU and liked it. Is the Inner Circle in Poland-Boardman just as good?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

ytowner

Your obviously not Italian and simply backing a downtown business. Go try Salvatores, Francesco's in Hubbard, the Avalon, Belleria, Wedgewood, and even Uptown... They all destroy this place. They all have far nicer facilities, all have better prices, and all have better pizza.

Youngstown has some of the best pizza in the country, and that is not just me stating that, a lot of people believe that, esp. down in Columbus---but there is no way in hell that garlic filled pizza that makes you have indigestion for 48 hours afterwards is any good...

It's that bad... And pizza is my favorite food!

rusty river

By far the best pizza in town. The dough is to die for. Having eaten authentic Italian pizza...in Italy... I'd pick Tomasino's 100% of the time, no questions asked. Everyone I've gone there with or have ordered takeout agrees. And after a couple martinis at Imbibe Friday night, that neon OPEN sign in the window was money. Now all we need is late night gyros or paninis downtown

ytowner

I support Inner Circle Pizza when I want to eat pizza downtown.. Tomasino's is bad... UGH.

northside lurker

I know that on the few occasions I've done more than my share of drinking/partying, I would have loved a couple of their roni stix before going home.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Are all of your favorite pizza shops open from 11:30 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. on the weekends?  Tomasino's is filling a unique time slot as part of their efforts to revitalize downtown Youngstown.  I wish them well.

ytowner

Their pizza is pathetic. I am all for giving downtown restaurants a chance, but their pizza is horrific. As an Italian who loves pizza, that may be the worst pizza place in the entire Mahoning Valley.

Wedgewood-Belleria-Uptown-Inner Circle all Destroy Tomasinos... And if you think anyone from the suburbs would want to go to a place like this, think again. My God the inside of the place is a dump as well.

Poor Restaurant... Give it a 1/10 rating.

jay

A downtown restaurant is now open late on weekends to fill your craving for pizza.

Late Night Slices

Fridays & Saturdays
11:30 p.m. - 3:30 a.m.

Tomasino's Pizza
103 Federal Plaza West
Downtown Youngstown