News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Thoughts on Rosetta Stone?

Started by ytowner, January 26, 2008, 11:45:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The restaurant is now advertising on WKBN radio during the Rivers Show.

penguinnick

Rosetta Stone is a really nice place with incredible potential. I've been there twice, both times on a Saturday evening.  I was with a bunch of people the first time and everyone got something different to eat.  The food was good and there was a good sized crowd there.  The second time I went was late this past Saturday (12:30am) and it was dead. 

Here is my beef (and it's minor and easy to correct).  If you're going to call yourself "upscale" then think "upscale."  Don't call yourself "upscale" and use cheap paper napkins.  Please use cloth napkins.  "Upscale'' establishments have candles on tables and often have white-tablecloths.  At least do #1 and #2. 
Please don't be cheap and take shortcuts.  This is the case in Youngstown all-to-often. 

I really want Rosetta Stone to succeed.  They're hours may be ambitious but time will tell.   

jay

It just so happens that I did dine in downtown Youngstown last night.  This eatery wasn't packed either.  There were only four customers in the business.

Janko

I was in there two weekends ago, and the place was packed. Easily 75+ on both nights I stopped there.

here is a series of articles on the Rosetta Stone Cafe:
http://shoutyoungstown.blogspot.com/search/label/rosetta%20stone

My question for "Jay" is, why didn't you go inside and have a drink instead of commenting from the outside?

jay

I walked past the restaurant this evening at about 6:15 p.m.  There were about eight people in the business and most of them were sitting at the bar.

Shar

I had lunch there this week and the food was very good.  We did wait however for probably 10 minutes to be seated as several of the staff just walked by and looked at us and after our meal we waited for probably 15 or 20 minutes and no one came to take our check and money.  We finally took the check and paid at the bar.  They do need to step the service, especially at lunch time when most people are on a lunch hour. 

northside lurker

I'm hoping they're still understaffed, and can fix this problem as soon as possible.  While their food is good, I'm afraid they will drive away potential regular customers who don't have the patience to wait while the owners/staff try to get things running smoothly.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

rusty river

Its definitely a very nice place.

I tried eating there Friday night a little after ten, thinking that since there was a Hounds game food would still be available. After standing near the reception area for more than 10 minutes with restaurant employees looking at us but not acknowledging us, we went up to the bartender and asked if the kitchen was still open. She didn't know, and a nearby bus boy didn't know either. Finally we were told food was no longer being served. While sitting at the bar, I watched as two large families who had come in after us were turned away.

ytowner

So has anyone been there? I went by it yesterday in the afternoon and after the Steelhounds game. There looked to be a quite a few people in there, with a few more going inside after the Steelhounds win over #1 Rocky Mountains.

From the pictures I've seen the restaurant looks beautiful and the food looks great!