News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The Internet Cafe

Started by jay, April 05, 2007, 06:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Quote from: ForumManager on April 05, 2007, 08:35:22 PM
In today's bustle people like to get away from technology when they have a cup of coffee.

In my case, this isn't true.  After drafting in front of a computer all day, I'll go home and spend up to half my evening on my home computer.

What has me worried is that most offices have internet access.  Will there be that many people "antsy" enough to leave their own computer just to go to this cafe and sit at another computer?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

I never realized that the proposed cafe would also include copying, faxing and printing.  A business of this nature, Pig Iron Press, already exists on the east side of the same block(North Phelps Street).  Is it wise for the city to help one business at the expense of another?  Will both businesses survive the competition to provide these services to a limited downtown customer base?

ForumManager

I read their web page.
The copy, fax, printing, scanning service  might give them some business.  In today's bustle people like to get away from technology when they have a cup of coffee.   At least I do. Wish them much success!

northside lurker

If we're talking about this place:

http://rosettastonecafe.com/

According to penguin nick at downtownyoungstown.com:
QuoteThursday, March 29 2007 @ 01:23 PM GMT+5 

Great news! I left a phone message (the # is on their website) with my email address and got a quick response from one of the owners via email. He told me that while the project has been on hold a few times for various reason, he hopes to open in August and he seemed very upbeat. Let's hope it happens.

I hear it's rather difficult to start a business downtown with all the red tape and such.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Maggy

Jay,

Loans were given by the city twice and yet no Cafe. Go figure.

jay

What ever happened to the internet cafe that was supposed to come to downtown Youngstown?   Didn't the developers receive a large amount of money from the city for this project?